Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tourny costs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tourny costs

Had a great time sun. @ e.f.:rolleyes: The weather was a bit rough and wasn,t ready for the rain Always told everybody, don't need a rainsuit, smart enough not to go out in it Well today I ordered a rainsuit! Good thing I,am not in it to make $$$$ Great meeting all you C.C. guys. see you Sun. With new rainsuit:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Its like the commercial says "I don't leave home without it", (when going crappie fishing)

Post Thanks / Like

it was good to see you guys there... we also are not in it for the money... it for the cold beer and all the bull that follows...
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

nice to meet you guys and good fishin and next time stick around for a few more beers...

Post Thanks / Like

My rainsuit rarely leaves the boat. It's better to have it and never use it than the alternative. Good meeting you guys. If you are in it for the money, tournaments can get awfully frustrating.....unless of course you go by Tbone.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

i wear mine almost all spring fall and winter..helps keep the fish slime off too.and trust me i have put my time in and took way more beatings than anyone else from Yates,Housh,Rick and Nichols..most other teams quit but we love it and have that fever that you need to compete.if you have that fever you know what i'm talking about..like when you hook a hog and get the shakes or you light em up on Sat. and can't wait to get out Sun.forget trying to sleep that night...the more time and effort you put in the greater the reward.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I've been telling myself for going on three years now. Everybody has to take their lumps. I used to play a lot of softball, 6 nights a week plus ball tournaments before I got married....then down to 2 nights and a few tourneys....then kids came along and cut down to 1 night. Now they all play baseball, which means no time for softball for old dad. Wouldn't trade it, so don't get me wrong, but fishing these tournaments is the only competition I get now, so I know exactly what you mean Tbone. Believe me, I used to get frustrated when we had a bad day. Now that we finally got in the money, all be it a preseason tourney, I know that we can hold our own if we stick with it do what we know instead of reinventing ourselves every tourney. There are some darn good crappie fishermen fishing these EF tourneys. And a lot of them have been at it for a lot of years. I hope all you newbies stick with it. Like Tbone said, a lot of guys have quit. But even some of them are back now. I noticed the Sea Nymph out there for the first time in a couple years. It's gonna be a good year!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone72 View Post
    i have put my time in and took way more beatings than anyone else from Yates,Housh,Rick and Nichols..most other quit but we love it.
    is that what ZZ top meant when he told us he ask you, who your daddy!
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Speck you put in 3 years and that is a start.i started when i was 21 and partners with my dad then with Rob Hedrick and then with Jason Collins and now with Troy Chandler(best netman of the 4).How many teams do you know that would keep coming back after Yates or Housh won all 10 tourney's.I know we were not too bright but it drove us to fish harder and smarter.15 years i have fished these tourney's and done well the last 6 or 7 years but like Yates said (it's the truth)who's your daddy ...but i think of it like WHO'S YOUR GRANDPA!!!!LOL.There is a group of guys that i respect and have learned a lot from at Eastfork and who just love the competition.Let's face it, it's not for the money..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone72 View Post
    Speck you put in 3 years and that is a start.i started when i was 21 and partners with my dad then with Rob Hedrick and then with Jason Collins and now with Troy Chandler(best netman of the 4).How many teams do you know that would keep coming back after Yates or Housh won all 10 tourney's.I know we were not too bright but it drove us to fish harder and smarter.15 years i have fished these tourney's and done well the last 6 or 7 years but like Yates said (it's the truth)who's your daddy ...but i think of it like WHO'S YOUR GRANDPA!!!!LOL.There is a group of guys that i respect and have learned a lot from at Eastfork and who just love the competition.Let's face it, it's not for the money..
    WELL THEN AFTER YOU BUY THE BEER CAN I HAVE THE CHANGE... <*)}}}><
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><