PDA

View Full Version : best Rainwear????

FalconSmitty
03-30-2009, 11:28 PM
will this keep you dry""??
Fishnet Co. - Custom Nets, Sports Nets, Fishing Nets, Batting Cages and everything in-between! (http://fishnetco.com/rain.htm)

is this stuff that much better for the bucks??
Watershed Inc. Gore-Tex Industrial Rainwear (http://www.watershed-rainwear.com/01gore.htm)

thx for your replies in advance..

creekslick
03-31-2009, 07:47 AM
If it is not really cold I have a set of Frogg Toggs that I like.

Bluegill Bill
03-31-2009, 08:10 AM
I've been using Frogg Toggs for years (motorcycle rider) and really like them.
Their light, breathable and you can throw them in the washer, the price is hard to beat too.

"Shep"

deathb4disco
03-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Put me down as another fan of Frogg Toggs.

fishing buddy
03-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Put me down as another fan of Frogg Toggs.

Me too cheap and keep you dry. If you have $400 go for the 100mph suit from bass pros.But Im just a broke painter:o

fishing buddy
03-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Helly hansen is some good stuff I use to have some when I worked in Alaska.

Locator79
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Frogg Toggs all the way!!!!!!

Scott38305
03-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I recently bought the Frogg Toggs from Gander Mtn. The next morning went fishing in a steady rain and temps at 45 deg. The jacket was great but after the first 30 minutes my rear end started getting wet.

Most of the people I know say they are overrated and i agree for the lowers. But I love the way they breathe and don't suffocate you.

If they would just fix that seam in the britches they would be great.

thankfull
03-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Get the best gore - tex that you can because it is bad to sit out in the boat all day soaked to the bone. And it's even worse when it is cold.

foul hook
03-31-2009, 05:50 PM
I have a Gore Tex Parker that I purchased in 1985 for a hunting trip in NY. I have worked in it during winter months on a farm for 14 years. It is faded and has one hole in it. It is still water proof and warm. Every yr i think that I might retire it, just cant bring myself to do that. Frog togs will get you wet! I carry a set in my boat for fishing partners that I don't want on a return trip. I use Gore Tex because they work. Pro Qualifier is less than the 100 MPH stuff.

splitshot
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
PVC raingear may keep the rain off ya, but it makes me soaking wet with sweat!

I drooled over the BPS 100mph suit then I saw a previous year's model at 1/2 price. 3 of us bought a set each and have really liked them for the rain and especially the wind.

Big George
03-31-2009, 06:35 PM
I like cabelas guide ware it is high but I never get wet used it last week in blinding snow here in oklahoma for 8 straight hours and didnt get wet a bit

CrappiePumba
03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Ive used the frogg toggs out on the water and love them. Me and a couple of friends went on a guide trip and half way into it it started to rain. At first it was just drizzle then full blown rain. By the time we got back to the dock the only thing that was wet were the fish in the livewell and the boat. I need to buy my own for fishing

FalconSmitty
03-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Frog togs will get you wet! I carry a set in my boat for fishing partners that I don't want on a return triP

man you offered those to me at oconee:o

thankful did you stay dry last saturday???

CrappiePappy
04-01-2009, 07:39 AM
I recently bought the Frogg Toggs from Gander Mtn. The next morning went fishing in a steady rain and temps at 45 deg. The jacket was great but after the first 30 minutes my rear end started getting wet.
Most of the people I know say they are overrated and i agree for the lowers. But I love the way they breathe and don't suffocate you.
If they would just fix that seam in the britches they would be great.

Are you sure it was the seam of the pants that leaked ?? Do you have the bib type pants, or the regular style pants ?? Reason I ask, is that I have a set of Froggs ... and have the pro model (regular pants) and have gotten a wet tush, before. But, it wasn't from the fabric or seams leaking ... it was from sitting :eek: The jacket bunches up, and the pants ride down, leaving an exposed area where water can run down the inside of the butt area of the pants. :D
But, now that I know this ... I'll be a little more careful about how the jacket and pants are positioned when I sit ;)

... cp :cool:

Hogster1
04-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Frog Toggs are good for keepin ya dry. But i have wore three sets out in the legs and knee area getting down on my knee to land fish or pick something up.I finally bought a good Gore-tex suit and i love it.:D

WantinCrappie
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
As you can see I've got the 100 mph suit and I love it. Never have had a problem with it.

kycreek
04-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I use frogg toggs but the 100 mph suit is very nice. My buddy recently purchased some.

ReelfootYankee
04-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I havent seen a response to cp but would agree! Why are the 100<s so good and the price? My toggs have the same effect as cp! they are the cheepeez I have purchased them for the hottest days that i fish thou/i have a 400;00 $ + pair of silent hide But them 80/85= degree days are an issue with my rain waer!!

Bonehead
04-02-2009, 04:00 PM
+1 here also for Frogg Togg - Love mine.....