Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnow tank by sac=-a-lait

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnow tank by sac-a-lait

More pics and info to come. I'll reexplain everything again later in this thread. I'll pull the pump today and get the manuf info for you fellers that are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-30-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks SAC, thought we had lost it. good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnow tank by sac-a-lait

I don't see the original thread so we did lose it but I wanted to take a couple of more detailed pics of the set up for yall so i will tonight.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-30-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to make one but some of the new rules in Vermont you have to get your minnows from a bait shop!!!!!!!!!!!! even if you can prove you got them from the lake your fishing in. Gonna be fighting this one I'll be d***** if I'm gonna spend $3-4 on a cup of minnows when I can take my umbrella net at the dock and get them for nothing.

Fatman
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-31-2009 at 07:44 AM.

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rick,

Even though I don't plan at this time to make one of these, I think it's a nice thing for you to have taken the time to re-post and share something that a lot of folks are interested in. You can tell that you've spent a lot of time putting it together and thinking it out. The step by step pictures and response to those interested is admirable. Just wanted you to know, this ole lady thinks you did good!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna know about the writing on the hand?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

The writing on the hand was there as this pic was taken the day before crappiemasters and I had made a few notes for some of the things I needed to get/remember.

Hoy Vonna thanks for the compliment. I make mistakes too, sometimes put my foot in my mouth but I'll make up fer it one of these days.

MORE INFO COMING EVERYONE. Gotta get home to take the pics and then we'll get back to bidness.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-30-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reposting,I went out and got a barrel and looked for a pump. I could not find any like the one you have what kind of pump is it. I looked at Lowes for bird fountain pumps and sump pumps but none matched.
    Last edited by Allday; 03-30-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ok...the pump is a VERSA GOLD SERIES 325 (I have a 325A with the 3/4 inch threads) model for medium pounds. It's 300 gph (I thought it was 900) but still moves a lot of h2o. I found some on a garden website but it's pricy. Check on ebay or some other place for this model OR the 535 has the 3/4" fitting.

Here's a link for the pump but they are over priced here. I got mine from my neighbor for free so I had no idea they were $80.

Beckett Versa Gold Pumps

Here's some more pics of how I put it together. The pic with the minnows left in the tank is what happens after you fish a crappie masters tourney. Your stock takes a BIG HIT as you can see from pics 3 days ago.

NO GLUE USED IN THIS PROCESS so you can take it apart easily to clean out the batting. Placing everything on the INTAKE sucks the parts together VERSUS on the OUFLOW all the parts want to be pushed apart.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-30-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE. 2 more pics. If you want me to take any specific pics just ask.

I just figured out the 300 gph (gallon per hour) pump is turning my 50 gal tank over ever 10 minutes. WOW
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-30-2009 at 09:43 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast