Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: white bass in upper end of Smithville?

Post Thanks / Like

Default white bass in upper end of Smithville?

Guys I know there has to be a white bass run in the Platte River (upper end of Smithville) can anyone share some info (pm me if secret) on what stretch of this area to check into? I am hoping to take my lil buddy out for some fast action. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I went up to the boat ramp on 240th St last weekend. Saw two guys fishing from shore beneath the bridge...one on each side...but practically nobody else around. Didn't look like they were hauling them in left and right, nor was there a lot of activity to indicate a run. The water was so far down we couldn't put in up there, so we skipped it. Also, it was crazy muddy so pretty much all bank fishing was prevented.

I, too, have been waiting for news of a run for some fast and furious fishing with my kids. After this past weekend precipitation, I think the water might be back up, but don't know if the fish are running or not.
    Last edited by Joedog; 03-30-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, Ihear they have been catching a few @ bridge on C hiway just out of Pburg.
    Maybe the run just hasn't got going yet. LATER BEN

Post Thanks / Like

boat ramp at 240th street ? Do you need any permit (fees) to launch there?

How safe and far can one go up the river?

Post Thanks / Like

LAKE is low, heard from 2 diff. people you can't launch there right now. No fee is what
    I hear, is a COE launch, not Clay co. It is silted in a lot on up stream from there but have seen locals that know, go on up but don't know how far.