Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lights/bait tank setup??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lights/bait tank setup??

How do you guys have your crappie lights setup to be powered along with your bait tank and whatever else you need. Has anyone on here installed multiple power outlets in the middle of the boat so there won't be cords everywhere running from the battery box. Interested in knowing how you organize everything so I can get my boat rigged up in the nicest way.

Thanks

Bill3508

Post Thanks / Like

Bill,

I did just what you suggested. I rigged up a regular power strip connected to the 12 v battery. I changed all my lights and electronics to just use regular 2-prong plugs. Any electronic device on my boat can be plugged into the power strip and be ready for action. This has been very convenient for night fishing when we have spot lights, underwater lights, and running lights all connected, and then everything can just get unplugged and put away, and turn off the switch on the power strip. I was concerned about the system not being too water resistant, so I got a plastic tupperware box that the power strip goes in, and all the cords run out of a hole in the box. Not perfectly weather sealed, but most adequate for what we need to do. It was inexpensive to set up, too, since I had a box full of random extension cords and what not in my garage. (I wired the trolling motor directly to the battery, didn't want to run it through the power strip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Bill can I suggest looking into our lights for your night fishing?All the light you need to attract fish to where you want them is on your line.You can put another on your pole and that is all you need,no plugs,cables,extra power zapping lights,unless you want to attract clouds of bugs.Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

TeqSheriff,

Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to go that route also. I can mount the powerstrip under the console and it should stay plenty dry.

Crappiman,

I'll look into your product also.

Post Thanks / Like

i run my boat with 4 battery one in the back for the motor and two up front for the trolling motor and then i made a small box in front of the console to hold a spare battery for my lights i run at night plus its nice to have that spare battery in case one of the other batterys dies ...
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-03-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I just installed cigarette style outlets in three places on one side of the boat and the male end on my lights also just left about two ft. of cord on them to get rid of a bunch of loose wire and keep all the batteries in the back.
    WACKEM AND STACKEM!