Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish cleaning station

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish cleaning station

has anyone made there own if so do you have pics etc. , were i have my camper doesnt have a cleaning station, so id like to make me one , it want be on a dock but actually at my camp site,thinking of making a table and cutting a hole in it to slide a bucket under for waste etc, and running a hose to it from camper for clean up, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

jhef,
    i went to a local restuarant supply store and purchased a SS table and added a santiary cutting board to the top of it.
    bolted it to my dock here on KY lake.
    works wonderful..

rangeredd
    KY LAKE

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RangerEdd View Post
    jhef,
    i went to a local restuarant supply store and purchased a SS table and added a santiary cutting board to the top of it.
    bolted it to my dock here on KY lake.
    works wonderful..

rangeredd
    KY LAKE
    where u located on the river? I am on west sandy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhef View Post
    has anyone made there own if so do you have pics etc. , were i have my camper doesnt have a cleaning station, so id like to make me one , it want be on a dock but actually at my camp site,thinking of making a table and cutting a hole in it to slide a bucket under for waste etc, and running a hose to it from camper for clean up, thanks
    Go to a garage sale and buy a ironing board--good height to work at--get a 5 gal. bucket and you have a set -up thats hard to beat
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

i found my cleaning station at the dump.....saw a large square hardwood table and a double porcelin bathroom sink at the dump.....cut a hole to insert the sink on one side and put a 1x4 rail on the side so the critters dont slide off....put pvc pipe under the side which goes to a 5 gl bucket with a 1/4 in screen over it....works fine for me...

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhef View Post

Sounds like that is a plan my friend. Be sure to add running water hose, lights and outlets for your filet knives. Have a good supply of freezer bags on hand for all those tasty filet's.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

RangerEdd,

Old Ship says hello.

I am glad that you cast a line to this forum and I also extend a welcome you on behalf of all the members. Welcome from Alabama. "Shipahoy and I'll see you on the water."

fishin4crappie tips, CD's and jigs - Home
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    Go to a garage sale and buy a ironing board--good height to work at--get a 5 gal. bucket and you have a set -up thats hard to beat
    That's what I made, only I bolted a long piece of that white plastic like those cutting board to mine. You can adjust the height and it's easy to move and store.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea on the ironing board, plus it's portable. A tip I want to share when you add the white cutting boards put a bead of silicone sealant around the edges if you want it permanent....if not the fish water gets under there, PEEYOO! then ya got to bleach the thing to get rid of the smell.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

opppps......i ment to say double kitchen sink not bathroom sink on my cleaning station.....i do have running water and elctric outlets to my cleaning area....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast