PDA

View Full Version : So sorry about the outage.

Slab
03-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Sorry but the site server crashed and it took part of the data base with it. We lost all our PMs. So the server guys at the ISP restored the data base to the last backup, but unfortunately that backup was three days old. Throughout this escapade there was actually a communications breakdown. I would have been happy with the lost PMs and the current Posts. But they restored the DB anyway. Oh well. At least this is not a "brain surgery" message board, someone could have died. That's what I always tell people when a problem occurs. If no-one died, it's all good. Oh well, I still appologize for the loss of data.

Doc Crappie
03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
No need slab site is still as good as ever

speck chaser
03-29-2009, 08:26 PM
no apologies necessary still the best site on the net

jmh58
03-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Its all good now..:eek:Thanks..John:D

Cane Pole
03-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I could not open this thread a few minutes ago. Electrons must be slow from Chicago to Nashville today....Electrons usually run faster downhill....

LSUguy
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
You can request your server host do daily back ups or you can do daily DB back ups yourself and save them to a portable HD... that way if this ever occurs again, you can send your server host the back up from the day before. Might save you a ton of headaches down the road.

LBM
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
no apologies necessary still the best site on the net

Right on there. The jonesing has definitely subsided now.;)

Slab
03-29-2009, 10:11 PM
I mentioned the communication problems with the ISP. I did not even want the restore done. Now it's too late. I'll be checking into those backups though anyway, good suggestion. The other problem is, it's now a 2 gig data base. We do a lot of posting....doh

You can request your server host do daily back ups or you can do daily DB back ups yourself and save them to a portable HD... that way if this ever occurs again, you can send your server host the back up from the day before. Might save you a ton of headaches down the road.

skiptomylu
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey if we could head off all the crud that happens to our computers and the internet we would be so rich we could all just fly to some place for chat, LOL!

No way to know the thing is about to make you day upside down, however I do think it's better to have all this technology that putting up with it's failures is more than worth it.

So not a problem Slab and I am sure everyone understands things happen!

Skip

bc1448
03-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Lost a few post and a couple PMs but I agree that this is still the best site on the web! :D
Blake

LSUguy
03-29-2009, 11:29 PM
I mentioned the communication problems with the ISP. I did not even want the restore done. Now it's too late. I'll be checking into those backups though anyway, good suggestion. The other problem is, it's now a 2 gig data base. We do a lot of posting....doh

Yeah I hear ya... I used to go through a Chinese server co. until the language barrier became to much and I lost a years worth of posts, members and what not. Not sure who you use for server hosting but I use a co. that has cheap servers with a terabite of BW... PM me and I can give you all of the details if you're interested.

WhitePerchJerker
03-30-2009, 07:08 AM
( Stuff Happens )

Bob # 1
03-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Everything is Kool
Attempted log in yesterday 3-4 times
Glad it is up and running again

splitshot
03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
just makes us appreciate the site all the more!!

oldwun
03-30-2009, 06:36 PM
No big deal!! I look forward to cruising this board almost every day. Best site by far!! I would probably shut off my internet if I lost this site.

fish_4_all
03-30-2009, 07:07 PM
No worries here, so I lost some posts, not like I remember all I post anyway. Need to start culling old posts maybe. Not dump them but make copies/archive them to get the size down if you need to. Archiving pictures would help a lot especially on older posts, maybe over 12 months old.

I am curious, does it add to the data base size to use the links form photobucket and other such sites?

ga.crappie&breamguy
03-30-2009, 07:19 PM
as all the others have said no worries here. after i get thru with my turky hunting site i go to its straight to here. also were can i donate some $$ to help with the up keep of it? and are you ot of the dog house yet?