Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockton 3-29-09, Wind 7-10mph, yeah right

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton 3-29-09, Wind 7-10mph, yeah right

Well we went to Stockton this morning and put in about 9 a.m. at Highpoint. Needless to say they were calling for winds 7 to 10 mph. Well I’m here to say they were at least double that and for the most part all day long. We fished from Highpoint up to Cedar Ridge. We were seeing all kinds of fish on the graph but were not having much luck getting them in the boat. The water at Highpoint was very stained and when you got one cove to the west of Highpoint you could just see the line in the water were the color changed. Up towards Cedar Ridge the water was much clearer but didn’t really find many fish at all on the graph. We ended up with a couple of nice Crappie but that was it. These were caught on a jig with blue body and white tail 26 feet down in 33 foot of water. The water temp ranged from 41 early to 49 when we left.
    You guys tell me what you think about this picture of the graph. It was like this all day long around the Highpoint area. I mean it was just full. Oh by the way, the GPS coordinates are shown where a couple of the fish came from. I figure why not share, we couldn’t figure out for the most part of how to get them in the boat. Maybe you can and then tell me how to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Well Like U Always Tell Me, At Least You Got Out Of The Office, I Don't Think We Will Venture Out Until The End Of The Week, Too Much Water.....sorry You Didn't Catch More... Good Pics Though.....better Luck Next Time.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice crappie Chris2. It looks like you found fish. Sometimes they just have lockjaw. Tall Timber and I were seeing similar situations at Wappapello today. They were stacked in the channels 7-14 feet down. I bet we caught 30-40 fish but only kept 4. I wish we could have found some the size of yours. Good Job.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

look like walley to me, seriously, thats the way they stack up If you see that again try bumping the bottom with the jig, or minnow,

Post Thanks / Like

Way to give it a go Chris. I think the wind up there stays at 20mph year round. Nice crappies. As far as your graph....I don't see any crappie...Looks like bass, drum, and that one, I think is a catfish. So it wasn't you. It won't be long!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default DD-22's

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    look like walley to me, seriously, thats the way they stack up If you see that again try bumping the bottom with the jig, or minnow,
    Beagle, I had that same thought cross my mind. So we tried heavier jigs and minnows right off the bottom for a little while. Then as a last ditch effort before we left we tried doing a little trolling and I was actually bouncing a DD-22 off the bottom. We were also running some Model A Bombers and some Fat Free Bombers but to no avail. Oh well, can't say we didn't give it a full effort.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

well darn wantin only thing i can suggest is that next time try exploding bombers, bound to get right in two weeks,, good fishing is always two weeks away later man

Post Thanks / Like

Fat Free Bombers???......No Wonder!!......Them fish are lookin for 'BIG MAC'S!! hehe
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Fat Free Bombers???......No Wonder!!......Them fish are lookin for 'BIG MAC'S!! hehe
    Don't ask me Mike. My buddy had them. They basically look like a Model A Bomber but they dive deeper. Have no idea why they would call them that.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually "light and variable" are the wind conditions you have to be careful of. There's nothing more aggravating than finding fish and having them not bite. Like someone else said I'm sure it beat working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast