Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love my new weedless jigheads! Check em out!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love my new weedless jigheads! Check em out!

Thanks to P&S Custom Tackle for building these weedless jigheads and to Crappiepappy for hooking me up. I can't the wait to throw these at a slab or two. You'll find P&S Custom Tackle under merchants section and Crappiepappy the info man!

Wichita

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin' jigheads!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Wichita;747732]Thanks to P&S Custom Tackle for building these weedless jigheads and to Crappiepappy for hooking me up. I can't the wait to throw these at a slab or two. You'll find P&S Custom Tackle under merchants section and Crappiepappy the info man!

I am glad you liked them and THANKS for the business. I thought they turned out mighty well especially with those shiney red hooks...Good Fishin'...GF

Post Thanks / Like

You will be well pleased with them. I am yet to get anything bad from him. I have been using his stuff longer than anyone... I won't go fishing without my weedless jig heads...

Post Thanks / Like

Do you miss more fish with the weedless jig heads or can you tell a difference?
    Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post, e-mail sent!

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bc1448 View Post
    Blake
    I can't tell any difference at all. If you fish these right in the trees like they are made to do I think you will actually do better with them because you can get to fish that you nornmally would not be able to.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Actually Blake ...

Quote Originally Posted by bc1448 View Post
    Blake

I don't miss fish, from using a weedless jighead. I've been using those two types of weedless jigheads, for about 8yrs now. I mostly use the Y guard style, but occasionally have put on the "brush" style. 99.5% of the time, when I see/feel the hit, and set the hook ... the fish is on, and solidly hooked in the roof of the mouth. I rarely lip hook one ... but, when I have, it seems like the weedguards help keep the jig from coming loose.

Alot of people are skeptical of weedguards, thinking that a fish will refuse a jig with them or spit them out as soon as they suck them in. I haven't found that to be true.

Biggest difference I've found, between using a regular jig/jighead and a weedless one ... is that I can probe the cover more effectively with the weedless ones, and still expect to get the jig back out w/o hanging up !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

That Y-style looks Like it would add a little character to some grubs
    I was wondering about the effectiveness also but that seems to have been covered here...Thanks fer postin the Question...And the answers

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grousefly always does a nice job on my orders. I recommend him to anyone to pour you up some nice jigheads.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast