Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wilson Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilson Lake

Well, I screwed up this time! I listened to the local and national weather forecasters and they were predicting gloom and doom. So, I didn't take the trip to Wilson with my fishing buddies. My usual fishing partner wanted to back out but felt obligated to go. I concluded with the forecast that I would be sitting in a house for four days watching a bunch of men drink. That didn't appeal to me, so I cancelled but paid my part. I stayed in touch with them by phone, and it didn't storm at all. Just rained a little Friday. There weren't a lot of good Crappie caught, but I still wished I was there. Last time I will listen to our weather people. I'll go anyway and if it rains, just get wet!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful day here after the storms yesterday and I didn't even go fishin' today.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Is this lake in Kansas? John
    A great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!
    Lookee here.. I got a bite!!

Post Thanks / Like

Viet Nam pilot says never cancel a flight on a forecast! Very wise.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing Saturday instead of going fishing. Everything seemed as if it was east of I65. Next time I'm going anyway. If it looks like rain I'll go sit in the truck till it stops. The weathermen were bad off this time or either I was. Probably me.:D
    Quote Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
    Well, I screwed up this time! I listened to the local and national weather forecasters and they were predicting gloom and doom. So, I didn't take the trip to Wilson with my fishing buddies. My usual fishing partner wanted to back out but felt obligated to go. I concluded with the forecast that I would be sitting in a house for four days watching a bunch of men drink. That didn't appeal to me, so I cancelled but paid my part. I stayed in touch with them by phone, and it didn't storm at all. Just rained a little Friday. There weren't a lot of good Crappie caught, but I still wished I was there. Last time I will listen to our weather people. I'll go anyway and if it rains, just get wet!

Post Thanks / Like

Just go and take the rain gear with you, at worst you can hang out in a tackle shop somewhere.

fatman