Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Carp Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carp Fishing

As some of you might have read in my last post about the Asian Carp, I'm going to try to go out the next couple of afternoons looking for those whites and while I'm out there, I would like to find out how to catch some of the huge carp that have been congregating behind some of these wing dams. Does anyone have any suggestions as how to go about fishing for them. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Default carp

We always caught carp by "chumming" a spot with soured wheat then fishing with corn. I remember hearing that people catch the asian carp on small white crappie jigs, havent tried the jigs but catching them sure is fun, wish they tasted alittle better, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I will probably be fishing for the whites but if the carp are still around, I will try to hook into one for for a few minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carp

One of my favorite things to do! Really fun stuff. Use corn as chum. Just throw it out in a likely spot and come back in a couple of hours. They will be there. Put a couple of kernnels on a #8 hook with no weight and let it sit on the bottom. I use my crappie rods for this as it makes it very interesting. Try fighting a 25 pound carp on that rig. Takes about 30 minutes or more to get one in.
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Carp yea big head's NO they are the nastiest stinking fish to ever swim.If you want to catch them go below bagnell dam when they are running alot of water,they stack up like cord wood in slack water areas you cant get a crappie jig through them without snagging one.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

rattler thebest way is snagging them! they are a blast to fight. I have a 14' ocean rod with a penn8500 reel a 15 pounder will make that scream