Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Alabama Belle Resort Fishing Trip Photos

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation My Alabama Belle Resort Fishing Trip Photos

March 26, 2009

Well tomorrow is the big day. We are going to be fishing at the Alabama Belle Resort on Weiss Lake, the Crappie Capitol of the world. Today we had a lot of thunderstorms and tornadoes in the area. The forecast does not look to good either for Friday or Saturday but Fishaholik and I are still going. We may have to duck in and out of the thunderstorms, but hopefulle we will catch some three and four pound crappies.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Alabama Belle, here are a few photos. When we finish the trip I will post photos of what we caught.

This is the resort. It is a dry docked old Mississippi style paddleboat. Located right on famous Weiss Lake, the Alabama Belle Resort offers everything you will need for a comfortable stay on Weiss Lake. Deluxe oversized rooms come with satellite TV, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. All rooms have water-front views of Weiss Lake. The Dockside Restaurant is just a short walk out your door when you are ready for lunch. Also, they have their own boat ramp to launch your boat with plenty of dock space available for your ease and convenience

This is the 200 foot long fishing pier. Walk out your door to some of the best crappie fishing on the lake. You will have access to the 200 foot lighted concrete Crappieland Pier at the Alabama Belle, located right on the edge of the Coosa River. The Alabama Belle Resort also has a fish cleaning station right on site so you can clean your catch at the end of the day. Then store them in the commercial size freezer till you are ready to go home. The Crappieland Pier boasts some of the best year round deep water fishing on Weiss Lake. The Alabama Belle Resort offers Waterfront Condos, Private Boat Slips, Boat Ramp, Fishing Pier over the old river channel, perfect location next to Cowan and Spring Creek, and situatated on a deep bend of the Coosa River.

This is the swimming pool area. At the end of the day, you can plunge into the crystal clear waters of the oversized, kidney-shaped pool and cool off. Cookout with friends and neighbors on numerous grills on the decks perched over the Lake as the sun sets over the big sky of Weiss Lake.

I'll post more on my return. :D:D
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it will be alot of fun for yall, good luck

Post Thanks / Like

hey ship, while you got tony off away from the future wife, this would be a good time for a proper batchelor party,heck gonna storm need something to do to pass the time, any locals down there got any phone numbers of some of those dancing girls send them my way with pics ill screen them for ship, the least i can do, wish you was staying through sunday id pop in and see you guys.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get a bunch, Ship. I had a good time there last year, even with the bad weather. Was able to send my brother(still Crappie challenged-lol) home with a bunch of bags of filets. Post em when you get back.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

March29, 2009

Well we are back safely. The weather was just horrible. High winds and thunderstorms both days. Tornadoes all around us within 2 miles last night. In between the raindrops we did get a little fiishing in. Tony got a chance to go out with Fultondale Crappie (Daniel) and I got a chance to pick the brain of Greg Maxwell a B.A.S.S. Weekend Series Tournament professional. Slot limit was 10 " and many had to be thrown back into the lake. We managed a few nice keepers though and plan to go back real soon. Here are a few photos for you. Prices were reasonable at $75.00 per night but you had to book almost six months in advance. Intro Page

Arriving at the Belle

FultondaleCrappie arriving at Weiss Lake

Tony and B.A.S.S. Professional Greg Maxwell

Tony's Big Bass

Types like this did not make the slot limit

Tony Night Fishing

Got a few

Got a few more to clean

Got some more

Time to work

Time to go
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 03-29-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Ship! You guys had a good trip. I may look into this spot soon. Did you say you had to book six months in advance? That will pretty much get past Crappie fishing until the fall. May try it then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toothpick View Post
    Good job Ship! You guys had a good trip. I may look into this spot soon. Did you say you had to book six months in advance? That will pretty much get past Crappie fishing until the fall. May try it then.

Yes, they stay pretty much booked up. 3/4 of it is Condoiniums that people own. Only a few are available to rent.

Post Thanks / Like

Except for the weather it looked like you guys had a great time!!!!!!!!

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made it back safe too bad about the weather.That,s one thing we just can,t change. you made the best out of it good job ship.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i-catch-cartags View Post
    Glad you made it back safe too bad about the weather.That,s one thing we just can,t change. you made the best out of it good job ship.:D
    Wouldn't you know it. Today is 78 and sunny! Going back to Weiss Lake in about two weeks. You are right. We had fun! That's the deal. If God sends you a lemon....make some lemonade and be grateful. That's how I see it.

We were in such conditions on Saturday that the sky was midnight and the water was midnight. You could only see it when the lightening was flashing! The huge storm was right above the Alabama Belle in Centre Alabama. Tornado warnings and high wind warnings were up most of Saturday afternoon and all of Saturday night! We spent A LOT of time in the rooms wishin instead of fishin. We'd go to the pier or take a quick boat ride (Tony) during the breaks in the storm. I was not that brave. I had been fighting and suffering with Asthmatic Bronchitis all week. The waves were so choppy I knew I would puke.

We'll go back in two weeks.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 03-30-2009 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast