Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to buy a new Tent for camping while on fishing trips

Post Thanks / Like

Default ,,

Last edited by Moose1am; 02-17-2006 at 03:26 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Google......

...look up tent maker...might find info your looking for.....all things being equal I would buy new tent...If fly worn...tent can't be far behind...only decision left would be quality of new tent.....cheap--replace every couple years....expensive--replace less often...one thing to think about how often you plan on using tent...that might make choice easier..good luck with your quandry... :D ...let us know what you decide..
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Watch eBay for a Kelty or Eureka. Way better than Wally World or Coleman. Seal the seams when you get it. I got a new Eureka Tetragon 1210 for about $130 last fall on eBay.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Get one of those good 5 day coolers. I keep a big one (I'm not sure how many quarts) in the back of my work truck all the time. At the beginning of the week I put a 12 pack of Cokes and a 12 pack of water in it then go by the contractor on our jobs ice machine and fill 'er up. Ice stays until Friday. By then I have drunk most of the coke and water so I drain it and fill it up with ice to use while fishing and stuff for the weekend. I'm gonna miss all the free ice when this job's over. I'll have to go back to freezing milk jugs. But those coolers are worth checking out if you're gonna buy a new one and they aren't much more than a cheap cooler.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I didn't reply to late to this thread. But I bought a Wallmart Tent about three weeks ago. Made by ozark trail. I put it up it rained that same evening and leacked something alfull. Just not a little leak but all over the floor. The rain fly had holes in it. Needless to say but wack to Wallywourld it went.
    I went the next weekend and bought a coleman from BPS. Paid more for it but you get what you pay for.

The one from Wallmart was not double stitched and that 's where the water was coming in at.

Beagler

Post Thanks / Like

bought my tent 3 years ago at target heartland easy set i think id go out to look but its raining out best tent i ever had no leaks poles built in so1 man setup in less than 4 minnits cost 78$ hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Eureka 10 x 10 cabin tent 12 years ago....paid $150 for it then (new). We've used the crap out of it...never a leak, we've used army cots in it with nothing to protect the floor, been blown over twice by wind, once it got flipped over atop my boat trailer (lotsa gear inside too!)...I never stake it down since there's so much gear inside. It never sweats inside due to excellent ventilation. All in all...best tent I've ever owned.
    Snal~
    1992 Alumacraft 14' Jon Boat w/ 15hp Johnson
    1988 Party Barge w/Rude 90hp (project finished!)
    1994 C Dory 22 Angler w/ twin Honda 45's
    7 Kayaks, 1 canoe
    www.snartracing.com (my other passion)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Camel tent...

..I bought it 20 yrs ago...before I ever used it set it up in back and scothguarded it, double dose on stitching....used the crap out of it for 5-6 yrs went like everyother weekend....snow,rain, everything......well, got busy with job didn't go for about 10 yrs...had it in storage, pulled it out last year had to let it air out.. :D ..for a couple days, still works good....10 x 10 with rain fly, screened windows on 3 walls about 4' x 4', good ventilation...whole thing sorta hangs from support poles that meet in cross over middle of tent...fly goes over poles...over 7' tall in center and about 6' at walls...I can put this tent up by myself in about 10-20 min depending on wind conditions..lol :D ...even got double door up front, screen door and solid tent over screen....paid about $100 for it at REI outlet store, since closed down....oh, yeah even has section up front over door like porch area held up with 3 poles 7'wide by 8'long....I would buy products from them again...just my $.02...
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose, I live about 25 miles from Johnson Outdoors, the Eureka manufacturer. They have an outlet store there that sells all their seconds. They have 2 grades, one that's never been used but returned for a defect, and one that has been used and returned for a defect. All the tents have been repaired and there will only be cosmetic defects on the one's for sale. This store is in Binghamton,NY. and the phone # is 607-779-2265. If you have a particular tent in mind, why not call them and get a price on a second. I've got a Eureka Timberline 4 man tent, and a Eureka Titan, which is 9.5' by 13.5". I think I paid $270 for it in 1999 and have had excellent service from it. Most of the clerks in this store know camping and tents. They also repair tents there too. Maybe if you shipped them your fly, they could make one. Call the number I posted, because that's the store itself.
    Last edited by Shellback; 08-05-2005 at 05:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    Which tent did you get? Can you tell me the Name of the manufacture and or the model number of the tent?
    tent is manufactured by greatland (insta-set 4 person dome tent) style#bj-501/11 item#918/008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast