Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weiss is turning on!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss is turning on!!!

My dad fished in the rain from the bank today and wore them out!!!The dogwoods are blooming and the fish are biting...He had some of the biggest ones I've seen in years.Starting to catch alot of black ones.Good Luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gil92 View Post
    My dad fished in the rain from the bank today and wore them out!!!The dogwoods are blooming and the fish are biting...He had some of the biggest ones I've seen in years.Starting to catch alot of black ones.Good Luck!!!

What area of the lake was he on

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to Weiss, how long after the dogwoods bloom and the fishing gets hot does it stay that way? Ill be there exactly 2 weeks from yesterday, did I time it right? Cant wait for some Alabama style crappie huntin!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokofsher View Post
    I have never been to Weiss, how long after the dogwoods bloom and the fishing gets hot does it stay that way? Ill be there exactly 2 weeks from yesterday, did I time it right? Cant wait for some Alabama style crappie huntin!
    You should be right in the thick of it. They have just know started to move into the shallows and on the banks. Just make sure you have your red wasps with you

Post Thanks / Like

I already planned on buying some!!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to start catching them up here in north Alabama a good bit before the dogwoods started blooming, its just not been that way this year. You should be right on the money in 2 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Default The bite is good on Weiss!!!

After waiting the storms out this morning,it was on!!!I fished with my dad today after he wore them out yesterday from the bank.Was surprised when we had only 2 keepers in about an hour.So we put the flat bottom in,yes it is true you don't need a bass boat to catch crappie.Anyway blue green paddle tail jigs was the ticket todayWe took home a basket full...Big Nose is the words for today!!!
    Last edited by gil92; 03-26-2009 at 11:00 PM.