Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Johnson outboard 3/25/2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Death of a Johnson outboard 3/25/2009

My boat mechanic pronounced my Johnson 150 outboard dead this morning at about 10 am. I have been in morning all day about it.I get home and see you guys have started a thread about boats and pictures of us with our boats and a tear come to my eyes.lol. I spent the day looking at new boats in Winchester and Tullahoma.Anybody got a spare engine they dont need?

Signed, Sad OMC/Johnson owner.
    Last edited by GoneCrappieFishing; 03-25-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Date wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your motor. I wish I had a spare engine but I don't. I have my Harley squeezed in the garage but no outboard.
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

I saw one on craigslist. stay on line and let me search real quick.
    living life to its fullest, This is not a dressed rehearsal.

Post Thanks / Like

[email protected] try this link

Post Thanks / Like

What city was u looking under bud? thanks too btw.

Post Thanks / Like

GCF pm me your phone number or call me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoneCrappieFishing View Post
    My boat mechanic pronounced my Johnson 150 outboard dead this morning at about 10 am. I have been in morning all day about it.I get home and see you guys have started a thread about boats and pictures of us with our boats and a tear come to my eyes.lol. I spent the day looking at new boats in Winchester and Tullahoma.Anybody got a spare engine they dont need?

Signed, Sad OMC/Johnson owner.
    Been there, done that. Took my Hydra-Sports to a local boat mechanic to replace the water pump. There was nothing wrong with it, just a maintenance thing. Well, after a few days and a lot of bucks, I got it back. I took it to the lake to see if it was peeing ok. This thing was tracked on my GPS at 77 mph, so I got her up to top speed and had an ear to ear grin. THEN, the temp alarm went off, so I backed off and babied her back to the trailer. The impeller was put in backwards and I had aluminum pieces welded to the pistons which isn't good. Anyway, long story short, that one is gone and thats how the boat I have now came to be. Needless to say I don't send work to the guy and as recently and two weeks ago I told a friend not to take his boat there for repairs. He didn't listen, he paid for a trolling motor to be fixed and a carb problem to be fixed. Well, he paid for that but after a maiden voyage at the lake, trolling motor doesn't work and big motor won't run. It is at another shop. FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Sorry to hear about your loss GCF. You'll soon be on the lake with a bright shiney one!!

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks go out to Trashtrout and Crappietime. They both alerted me to check into craigslist for me a replacement motor.Trashtrout even found one that I checked into and if all goes well,this time tomorrow it will be mine.I have already set up my boat mechanic to install it on my boat saturday morning starting at 9 a.m..I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

GPF I have been called MR HANEY (green acres tv show) before and I dont know why.Anyway I can help you farther just let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast