Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Whitewater Bite on Fire!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whitewater Bite on Fire!

Last couple days bite has been hot. Any cover near shore will hold them. Most fish are males and on the smaller size(7-9) few big ones caught. Easily 100+ fish today, and this is from the bank.
    takin the suicide john boat out tommorrow.
    Fish are fairly shallow, shallower(is that a word?LOL) as the day goes on. was actully sight fishing this evening draggin tubes over submerged brush, watch 4 of them attack at once, amazing. Fish were so shallow when i fell out of my spot(a whole nuther story in itself), and into the water, several fish got launched out of the water.
    Great time to take a young'un out.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Fish were so shallow when i fell out of my spot(a whole nuther story in itself), and into the water, several fish got launched out of the water.
    Now you have to tell us That Story ! :D

2015 Hobie "Outback"

Post Thanks / Like

New crappie technique Hillbilly uses.... climb a tree... fall out and do a cannon ball...crappie wash up on shore... climb up on bank and pick crappie up...put em in a basket.
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, gravity strikes again.
    Found a sweet brush pile under a large tree that was leaned out over the water a good length. With my polarised glasses, i could see fish in the brush, and as the post goes, i could actually pull them up out of it, and watch them strike it, awsome fun. But staring into the water for extended periods of time tends to lessen ones focus on footing and more on fishing. Needless to say the last swing-and-miss hook set sent me teetering, for what seemed like an hour, before i finally fell in, and i did not go down gracefully, no no, rather than jump back toward the bank, i slipped and dropped directly in the brush pile, and evidently the wake sent the fish up, cause i could see them skipping across the top of the water, and if crappie could burn rubber, these definately did.
    Luckily for me, the only person who could have possibly seen this was on the other side of the lake, and im sure he got the whole show.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I believe you just discribed a reinactment of the school teacher going over
    Niagra Falls a few years back - and the guy lived! I'm certain your glad you only fell
    a couple of feet. I think that would be much easier to handle.

Strangly enough I witnessed a old guy fall out of a pontoon up at Indian lake a few
    years back. He just sort of keeled over into the water... All three feet of it!

He said, "I was just sitting there staring at the water, next thing I know is... splash!
    And you were pulling me up onto my pontoon..."

The man was really embarressed, and in shock, he had no idea what happened.

Stay safe!
    Last edited by Cincinnati; 03-26-2009 at 07:40 AM.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

another absolute massacre today!
    And i wore my waders today...

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Is this Whitewater state park near Connersville?

Post Thanks / Like

Evidently we had a glitch in the matrix, there were several replies to this post that are gone, anyway...
    Whitewater Memorial state park is south-east of connersville, and due north of brookville lake(the drainage creek from whitewater actually drains into brookville lake, silver creek).
    havent been in a few days, last i was there, water temps were 50-52. Action was best on the east bank(yeah, go figure) in laydown timber.

HB