Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic Poll

Post Thanks / Like

Default Off Topic Poll

Couple things going on.

I hope you all notice the poll on the home page about whether to keep the OT board around. Chime in and vote if you have not.

Crappie.com - Crappie Fishing Information and Adventure
    Look under the picture on the right, you'll see the poll there.

On another note, what do you think of this idea. I just now created another site, and another message board. It's called OTCrappie.com for Off Topic Crappie.com conversation.
    You have to register again, and you can do off topic all you want. The thought is, people can register there under a completely anonymous name, and they can post there thoughts. This would prevent any overflow of emotions to the regular message board because they would use an alias on that board, a different name.

Please realize, this is really just a test on my part. A thought about how to handle off topic, sometimes heated conversations.

This test board may disappear at any time during this test. I also want to turn off PM on that board.

Let me know what you all think.

www.OTCrappie.com Off Topic Crappie.com - Index

Oh, it's actually a different bulletin board program because it's free, and the one we use here costs lots of money. I woulda liked to have kept them the same to keep down the learning period, but oh well.
    Last edited by Slab; 03-25-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I only get on it sporadicly Ed but familiar enuf to know what the issue is. Personally I think those that go there and if there are factions bickering, so long as it dont violate the rules, and seems personal attacks and feuding is more an issue than profanity or child-freaking stuff- let em have at it. I aint innocent, I jump in when something piques my interest or sets me off but try not to take it to the highest level but everyone is different and some will. I still say I have this newfangled gadget called a mouse and I can click in or out, read what or who I want and have the option to not be bothered by it if I dont want to. As a judge of human nature from what I have seen, creating another forum trying to funnel some of the stuff upsetting people will just be another place those that make a living there will go. This is just my take. Bring it on and they will come. I may not have a clear insight or misunderstand what you are proposing or asking about but if it to isolate a forum to make a funnel for fighting and the usual stuff that folks find ugly & offensive that is understandable, the fighting will be moderated no doubt what or where another C.c Forum shoews up. The ones complaining about it will no doubt do whatever to go a to new place to view the stuff they are offended by, and complain about it there. We got the new Off Topic sub forum recently no doubt thanks to me in great part. The only thing I have seen in the way of change is 1) ya now have to click over to what "side" of the forum and by the time you do and see what is there you coulda just clicked on VA Forum as it was before, and how much elbow muscle or sense does it take to scroll and see what you wanna look at. Nobody was complaining about the way it was before, and now them that did have a beef about topics that were not crappie-related are on the off-topic sub forum throwing shots, and they had to click over to get there to complain. Although that is exaggerration on my part, we run the cleanest and best ship in the shipping business here in The Commonwealth.

Thanks for the site by the way and although I have never sent a wooden nickel I do support and patronize the guys like Monk and jig-tiers, maybe some of that works it way to you. I promise you I will one day, but I want a seperate forum to do so on.:D Just kiddin man, dont boot me off now.:D
    Last edited by horseshoer; 03-25-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I threw out that idea months ago and to my surprise only a few people bit on it.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I like the fact that you care enough to try something and I think it might work. I usually go through the main board and look around then the OTF then the state board followed by the recipe board. I can do all this under 1 logon and I dont really care to exit and go somewhere else. I know I cause alot of the problems in the OTF but I cant understand why anyone would take this junk serious although I rather enjoy it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Couple things going on.

I hope you all notice the poll on the home page about whether to keep the OT board around. Chime in and vote if you have not.

My only problem with the poll is the "Cookies" I have always and will keep them off. So on this forum I can not vote! This is not the case with all the other forum I am a member of??

Crappie.com - Crappie Fishing Information and Adventure
    Look under the picture on the right, you'll see the poll there.

On another note, what do you think of this idea. I just now created another site, and another message board. It's called OTCrappie.com for Off Topic Crappie.com conversation.
    You have to register again, and you can do off topic all you want. The thought is, people can register there under a completely anonymous name, and they can post there thoughts. This would prevent any overflow of emotions to the regular message board because they would use an alias on that board, a different name.

Please realize, this is really just a test on my part. A thought about how to handle off topic, sometimes heated conversations.

This test board may disappear at any time during this test. I also want to turn off PM on that board.

Let me know what you all think.

www.OTCrappie.com Off Topic Crappie.com - Index

Oh, it's actually a different bulletin board program because it's free, and the one we use here costs lots of money. I woulda liked to have kept them the same to keep down the learning period, but oh well.
    How many police will be in this forum?? Just a question. I like Crappie.Com and think your doing the best you can. But the people don't need so many police. You know what I mean ??????????
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Slab,

Buddy this is your site and while I thank you for trying another site where you could post what you want I'd say stick to the results of the survey and the heck with what a few want.

Even if you only lose a few folks they're the ones that will lose in the long run. There is enough politics and religion all over the news and this site is a WELCOME BREAK from all the complaining.

Thanks for having a great site and letting me play without all the nonsense.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say keep OTF and make it pay per view, with moderation. This way all those who like to look into OTF has to pay up. Then you will see who appreciates the site. Get moderators with thicker skin who don't mind warning those to be nice or delete.

there might be times when you might have to shut down, like during elections. Then open it back up.

I don't understand people who want OTF to be gone but then sneak in to read... How about them choosing not to have a OTF button...for ten bucks of course...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    I'd say keep OTF and make it pay per view, with moderation. This way all those who like to look into OTF has to pay up. Then you will see who appreciates the site. Get moderators with thicker skin who don't mind warning those to be nice or delete.

there might be times when you might have to shut down, like during elections. Then open it back up.

I don't understand people who want OTF to be gone but then sneak in to read... How about them choosing not to have a OTF button...for ten bucks of course...
    Man, like I said before what are you smoking?????????????? I've smoked some of the best out there and I never had the wild ideals you come up with. Pay for view is the fastest way to no view for everyone. Get a grip!
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you will be posting on the main board, but I'll be willing to bet you cough up ten bucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe View Post
    Man, like I said before what are you smoking?????????????? I've smoked some of the best out there and I never had the wild ideals you come up with. Pay for view is the fastest way to no view for everyone. Get a grip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox View Post
    I guess you will be posting on the main board, but I'll be willing to bet you cough up ten bucks....
    Hell no I will not spent any money on pay to view. I'm not a COMMUNIST ARE YOU?????????????
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast