Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hardy Lake Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hardy Lake Weekend

I'm heading to Hardy lake tomorrow (3/26) for a long weekend of camping and fishing. Never been there, so I was wondering if anyone is doing good there? Any information would be helpful. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad. Thanks in advance for any tips!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hardy Lake

I fished there last Friday and caught 7 fish in 7 hours but I was working allot of the lake I was unfamilar with:rolleyes: I will probably try it again tomorrow afternoon and fish where I always catch. I use the Wooster ramp and go right down that bank is a small stand of timber and beyond that is the stems of some vegatation that grows through the summer. I will work that all the way down untill the lake starts a dog leg left and then I head back on the opposite side and middle....... good luck and please let me know how your doing. I will be in a 14ft alumacraft with a new merc on the back. Big Joe if I am by myself look for the boat with one end sticking out of the water:D

Post Thanks / Like

If it's anything like last weekend, just watch the other 100 boats. It's known to be a log jam this time of year. Hope for a little rain, that will keep a few home. There is a ton of timber in the south half of the lake, just watch your prop, you can hit a lot of stumps in 18 foot of water. I'd start with the creek channels that run into the coves, and always watch the sonar.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather was terrible and the fish weren't biting at all. At least we weren't the only ones not catching fish, no one was.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty iffy when you camp in March. Had terrible storms roll through last evening up in the NE corner, and then snow today, hopefully you missed some of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I fished there last Friday and caught 7 fish in 7 hours but I was working allot of the lake I was unfamilar with:rolleyes: I will probably try it again tomorrow afternoon and fish where I always catch. I use the Wooster ramp and go right down that bank is a small stand of timber and beyond that is the stems of some vegatation that grows through the summer. I will work that all the way down untill the lake starts a dog leg left and then I head back on the opposite side and middle....... good luck and please let me know how your doing. I will be in a 14ft alumacraft with a new merc on the back. Big Joe if I am by myself look for the boat with one end sticking out of the water:D
    Your in the right area, just too close to the bank. Fish the stumps in 18' of water around 9' deep and see how you do.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I'm heading to Hardy lake tomorrow (3/26) for a long weekend of camping and fishing. Never been there, so I was wondering if anyone is doing good there? Any information would be helpful. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad. Thanks in advance for any tips!
    I WAS THERE ALSO JUST A BAD WEEKEND. GOING TO TRY LATER IN APRIL