Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville and Watkin's Mill HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville and Watkin's Mill HELP

My kid is on spring break in a couple weeks, and I would like to take her fishing a couple days... Looking at both Smithville and Watkin's Mill - they are both close and have bank fishing...

Any of you who fish banks at either of these (for crappie or catfish) - please let me know WHERE TO GO :D

Post Thanks / Like

A couple weeks from now might just start gettin good at either lake. I dont fish from the banks but see lots of folks doing it.

Watkins Mill....fish the face of the rocky dam.....SE corner can be good for gills with some crickets!

Smithville....fish the rocks either side of the Camp Branch bridge/roadway (not just by the bridge).
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

are those places easy to find? believe it or not, living in Liberty, I have never driven up to Smithville or Watkins Mill -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannagofishin View Post
    are those places easy to find? believe it or not, living in Liberty, I have never driven up to Smithville or Watkins Mill -
    Nuthin to it!

Watkins Mill State Park

Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

Smithville Lake/Camp Branch

Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wannago...the secrets of Smithville and other northland lakes are closely guarded by local clansmen like Cook (Did you see "Deliverance"??)...but adventurers HAVE managed to fend off attacks by tube riding teens and predatory county officials to discover the Silver Slab. Details will be revealed to the Fortunate Few who make the trek to O'Quigleys a week from Thursday. There are rumors of a small walk in public lake that few can find... and fewer tell what they have found...