Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jerry Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Question Jerry Blake

Have you not been doing any fishing lately? I have noticed lately that the latest pic is from 8-22-04. Just wondering if your fishing or if your catching up on the honey do list?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy,

Haven't been fishing much lately. When school starts business slows way down for a while and then picks back up again through the fall.

The guy that runs my dental lab took a week off for vacation so I had to actually work for a change and couldn't get out during the week.

I did have a trip Saturday and we caught a good mess of white bass early and then found some crappie but they were running pretty small. The guy I took didn't want to keep any fish so we didn't get a picture to post.

The white bass have been breaking in the same area on Greeson for about three weeks and running from around a pound to nearly two pounds.

When they start breaking its pretty fast action. If I have just one or two people I'll have an extra rod for each person and as soon as they bring a fish in I hand them another pole and try to get the fish unhooked and the pole ready before they bring in another one.

They've been schooling pretty good and breaking long enough so we can usually get several fish each time they come up. When they're not breaking we troll around the area and pick up a few that way. We've caught a couple walleye that way too.

I'm booked next Saturday through Tuesday and again on Thursday and have four the following week so should be posting some pics again.

The nights are supposed to be getting down into the low 60s for the next week so hopefully the water temps will start to drop and the crappie bite will turn on.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com