Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: True Story

Post Thanks / Like

Default True Story

While fishing a small city lake we came on a boat dock, started catching a few nice ones an I got a little close so the wife stepped off on dock, after warning her it was private she went around corner. few minutes later she is screaming get the net, as usual it was in the rood box and by the time I got it and on the dock to her I see the rod bent in the break anytime position and she is still crankin. Looked at line an it was in the crack between two of the planks of the dock floor. Just as I got on my belly and got the net under the fish she had pulled up against the bottom of the dock the hook pulled out of this hudge crappie (2.2 lbs). Lucky I had the drag set loose as we were useing 6 lb line. We laugh at her ever time we go to the same lake but she reminds us that she has caught the largest crappie since we started fishing for them. Makes me fish harder an the harder I fish the smaller they get.
    Geno

Post Thanks / Like

Geno,

It's always a smart thang to do...to let your wife think she catches the better fish. That way, maybe she'll feel sorry for you over time and find a way for you to get some new equipment, savvy???

aj