Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O'the Pines Summer Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake O'the Pines Summer Crappie

Headed out to LOTP tomorrow night. Planning on setting up under a couple bridges with lights. May also try near some standing timber in deep water. Will let you guys know how we do.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

Well we did catch some fish but it was pretty slow. Ended wtih 5 crappie, 15 yellows worth cleaning, 3 channel catfish, and a couple bream.

Catfish were best near steep bank drop-offs down by the dam. We left them bitinig in search of crappie. Caught yellows everywhere we went. The crappie came from under the Johnson Creek bridge at night with lights. But we set up for 4 hours with only 4 fish so it was very slow going.

Next trip I think I will try to set up with lights in the standing timber on the far side of the lake from the 3 creek coves.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

Well I sure ya noticed Pines about 3 ft low.I usually fish out of Copeland Creek its on the South side thats where ya wanna put in if ya fish the stumps across from the 3 creeks area YOU MUST be carefull the stumps will get you even in the boat lanes where ther marked I can probably give more info if you intrested just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks 410,

Yeah I did notice it was very low. This was my first time out there in the summer so I was not sure if that was normal for this time of year.

You know if anyone has been doing good in that standing timber? I headed their first when we showed up in the afternoon but it was too windy to fish. We headed back to the other side of the lake to get out of the wind.

I did see a couple boats making their way out of the trees. (I think the wind was running them off aswell). But I figure all that cover in that deep water should hold some fish this time of year.

I have caught them there around the standing trees in the winter when I could not find a school of fish down by the dam.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

went to Pines Sat scouting, water very low able to make out creek channel in the wooded area now cause water low and the trees that are usually under water stick up now and youcan follow river channel in the wooded, area found some good bends and creeks areas a sudden rain storm got us we onlyther aboyut 45 minutes