Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Today

Me and a buddy got out around 9 am, stayed till around 4:30. the only action we saw was on all Char plastic (curly tale and a frog thingy). caught two 8 inchers about 2 hours apart at the mouth of the cove right before sailboat(coming from the w launch).

what temp does the water need to be before we start getting some more action?

Post Thanks / Like

We were getting out on the water right around 4:30p today at Crows Creek. That wind was brutal and getting colder as the sun set. Water temp was 44° and saw fish on the graph anywhere from 25-35' down. In wind it was tough to get to them...could drift through but tough to tell how deep my jigs were. Couldn't coerce a bite out of 'em, so either they weren't pursuing or wanted minnows or wrong colors or something, but it was tough. Ran out of daylight before I could figure them out.

Post Thanks / Like

i had minnows in all day too, not even a nibble (same minnow on the hook for over 3 hours, still alive). like i said the only thing that got us any action was the Chartruse(??)