Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone here ever fish Grand lake in oklahoma

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone here ever fish Grand lake in oklahoma

I am heading to Grand lake next week in Ok. Has anyone here ever fished it? Was kind of wondering what to expect. I have put a post on the Ok. site but no one seems to want to answer. My brother is in a bass tournament down there and invited us to go along so we figured we try to catch some slabs while we were there. Any info appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Spring and Neosho river the last two days launching at twin bridges, looks like the slack water at Truman Dam. Boats everywhere with lots of spoonbillers to contend with. Did not catch any crappie but but did catch white bass and hybrids lots of fight in those fish. I was told the crappie are in there but I did not catch any and I did not see anyone catch one. If you want to catch some white bass head up the Spring River and fish mud and rock banks with chart swimming minnow slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info polebender. I did hear the white bass fishing is pretty good there.

Post Thanks / Like

fish the river below the dam hit up any boat dock you can find the bass guys try to build their "own spot" so there are alot of brush piles where are you staying that will help so I can send you in the right directions sail boat bridge area is not too bad .

Post Thanks / Like

Staying in a rental house on monkey island. Appreciate the info.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help with the crappie but we fish down there for white bass every fall. If you go after the whites follow the windy banks and watch the seagulls. We do fair at 5th and Boston (east of Monkey) and Patricia Island and Stoney Point. If gulls are hitting the water feeding get right in the middle of them and start jigging.

Post Thanks / Like

Horse Creek Area in Bernice. Bridge areas and up the creek are good.