Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quackr's tips for successfully fishing KY Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quackr's tips for successfully fishing KY Lake.

After spending several hours on the water the last few days, I feel compelled to offer up a couple of tips that might aid in some folks' catch.

Tip #1: Put down your trolling motor and fish. There has never been a crappie caught while WAO blasting from hole to hole. Guys this weekend seem to be more intent on burning gas than catching fish.

Tip #2: While you may think that it will up your catch.. I can promise you that people fishing submerged structure do not appreciate it when you run right in on them and fish within a boat's length after seeing them catching fish as you blast from hole to hole. (See tip #1)

The lakes have officially made their turn into the spring crappie run zoo. Be courteous to others while out there and they may just tell you where or how the fish are biting because it is definitely on.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, lets be curteous of each other and have some fun fishing. Looks like you had a awesome fishing trip, WTG!
    The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1

Post Thanks / Like

Quackr,
    Couldn't agree with you more. Fished Johnathan Creek and Little Bear this weekend and boy, did they put on a show with the boat traffic. I just sit and drifted and caught my limit both days as they went by. I used very little gas.. I can't believe some of them don't stay in one place long enough to even get the jig wet, much less catch a fish.
    I don't mind the moving as much as not being considerate of you when you are drifting and they run right in front of you poles, making you wander if they are going to get you or not.... Well somuch for that, still had a great weekend with my buddies catching crappie..
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that's where most go wrong, especially now when fish are being caught at all different depths and locations. Your not going to catch many if you don't have a line in the water.
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. I always say that it's no wonder they don't have any fish in the livewell. It's not that they can't catch fish, but the fish can't catch up to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Left out of Moor's today and never went further than a half of a mile and caught plenty. Hardly moved the needle on the gas hand. Had a good time watchin all those big super shiny bass boats go blastin by bouncin over each others wake. All we could do was laugh and wave. Met alot of super nice folks just driftin by and chattin. Man crappie fishin sure is good therapy for what ever ails ya.

Post Thanks / Like

It is amazing how many people are just rediculous out on the water. My Grandfather always told me he would smack me in the mouth if he ever caught me being stupid like that on the water. More fisherman should have had a Grandfather like mine.
    "You should have been here yesterday!!!

Jigboy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigboy View Post
    It is amazing how many people are just rediculous out on the water. My Grandfather always told me he would smack me in the mouth if he ever caught me being stupid like that on the water. More fisherman should have had a Grandfather like mine.
    I here ya Jigboy. Cut my teeth on Barkley and Pa taught me the ropes and repsect (both for the lake and others using it) Only had to make a mistake once to learm my lesson. I was running lines by myself in the jon boat and cut in front of another boat running down the lake forcing them to alter their course. Didn't know Pa was in the big boat trying a new prop. i got in to the bank and he walked over and took my gas tank and locked it up for the rest of the week I was stuck to bank fishing for 6 days. Good lesson to learn at 13 to bad Pa didn't teach a lot of today's boaters

Post Thanks / Like

Grandpas never did like the traffic much your right. My brother and I would go out with him and dad and I found out what the bird meant at a very young age. Over here on the mississippi the guys will keep 2 and 3 oz. weights with them. I have seen holes put in fiberglass, and a broken cheekbone on a guy fishing federation tourny from indianapolis. The police searched all of our boats and this stretched for miles up and down the river. I am not sure whatever came of that. Is really that hard to be courteous, I expect it out of the pleasure boats but not from other fisherman.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

I've always wanted to pack a paintball gun:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast