Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some help KY/Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help KY/Barkley

I will be down the first week of april and plan on doing alot of crappie fishing. I will be staying at green turtle. I will be spending most mornings at bloodriver. I'm looking for good fishing in the northern part of the lakes. I will not be able to spend all day down south have to keep the wife happy. I will spider rig or beat the banks and bushes just want to make the most of my time there. Any info will be much appreciated thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

bow tek,
    Try Dumumbers, Willow, and Double Creek. They are all close to Green Turtle. Demumbers may be the best but thats just my opinion.
    Good Luck.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bow tek ...

The only thing I can add to Buffalo's choice, is :

If you're in the Demumbers Creek area, and the water level is up ... you might consider running across the lake to Boyd's Landing. If there are Button Ball bushes (aka "buck brush") in the back of that bay, and there's a couple of feet of water under them, there may be some Slabs in there. It's where I used to fish, a long time ago ... and where I hooked and lost a 3lb'r, from the same spot TWICE in two days. A friend & former roommate and fishing partner, caught a 3lb'r from those bushes, the following year.

If there are no bushes in there, or the water level is down ... I don't know as I'd bother with it. But, it still could hold fish, they just may not be on the bank. I used to fish there, around the last week in April, camping in the Canal COE campground ... and fishing all the pockets & bays from there to the dam and around to Kuttawa (Poplar Creek). But, the best luck, and biggest fish, came from Boyd's Landing bay.

No guarantees, though .... as I haven't been there in a long, long time

... be sure and give us a report, when you return.

... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

if you can run down into lbl and lauch at pisqah or dodds creek...shoot straight across lake to bear creek or malcolm creek ( which ever you prefer to call it)... had good luck there today. ALOT of structure and stakebeds in there and crappie were in there today. And it's not far from green turtle. Even if you launch there and come through the canal it is only 20 minutes. ( and that was with just a 50 horse)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't overlook the marina

Quote Originally Posted by bow tek View Post
    I will be down the first week of april and plan on doing alot of crappie fishing. I will be staying at green turtle. I will be spending most mornings at bloodriver. I'm looking for good fishing in the northern part of the lakes. I will not be able to spend all day down south have to keep the wife happy. I will spider rig or beat the banks and bushes just want to make the most of my time there. Any info will be much appreciated thanks.
    I have caught a ton of crappie right there in the marina. Try shooting & dipping/flipp'n the docks. Lots of brush dropped off those docks. :D Trust me, they are in there.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all of the replies

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo13 View Post
    bow tek,
    Try Dumumbers, Willow, and Double Creek. They are all close to Green Turtle. Demumbers may be the best but thats just my opinion.
    Good Luck.

Can you tell me where "Double Creek" is located?
    My YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/xibowhunter