Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheaters Beware!! This Sherriff Says Hang 'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Cheaters Beware!! This Sheriff Says Hang 'em!

http://www.castamerica.com/Press_Rel...an_Fall_05.htm

I needed to voice my complete disgust for these two individuals, and let everyone in on their identities! I felt that it was very important to fill in these blanks so all of their neighbors, fishing clubs, friends, Crappie.com members, and Googlers know the score... these are their names:

David Cox - Warsaw, MO

Steve Hockett - Sedalia, MO

BTW - Another member on this board and I got together, met for the 1st time, and fished at this event as a team. This was our first time wetting lines together ever. We had a good time, even though the tournament went poorly for us. We didn't even bother to weigh in, that's just how bad the fishing was for us. But cheating.. that'd never be an option! How low! :rolleyes:

I want to thank CAST for their honesty, integrity, and diligence concerning this matter. That is the way all tournament associations should be ran! It makes me proud to be a CAST member! Cheaters beware!! You will be caught, even if it is after all of the prizes have been awarded. Serves you right! Banned for life they are!!

CAST's next event will be on Mark Twain Lake on 8/6/05. I hope to be there with my partner to repeat our win there this Spring. I'd love to see all of you there! But if you come, come honest! Testing will be administered!

Hear is a thread that contains some pics of me, the fat guy, and our winning stringer from Mark Twain this Spring: http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...?t=6448&page=1

Full baskets to ya, and let me know your thoughts whoever visits this thread. Thanks!

<,"}/>{ Rippa AKA - Tim Fahrenkrog
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 07-28-2005 at 12:10 PM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Banned for life to Too easy of a punishment, I say take away their poles and ban them from Bass Pro also!!
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

what was the rule they broke ?
    we need to know the crime before we can form our own opinion of their punishment
    al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haugboss
    what was the rule they broke ?
    we need to know the crime before we can form our own opinion of their punishment
    al
    The cheaters were witnessed starting much earlier than they were supposed to by a nationally sponsored team. They were confronted about it by the tournament directors, and offered the chance to withdraw. Instead, they chose to continue with their lies in order to receive a 4th place check.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Cheating is Cheating no matter how you do it!I for one feel they got off pretty easy-Not the kind of examples we want.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, makes one think about friends and folks whom you've found their integrity and character unmatched should not be taken for granted. Sometimes, far and few between, but those you do know as such --- tell'em so.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default bad, but

I don't feel sorry for them or anything, and figure they had it coming,
    but what they did didn't strike me the same way as if they had been
    tying out fish or weighting them down - still breaking the rules, but
    I can see where I might be tempted to start early - just how early
    did they start? You know, auto racing comes to mind, the best can
    and will do anything they can get away with - it's just part of being
    driven to win. Before we get all righteous on these two, I think we
    need to ask ourselves have we ever done anything that wasn't right,
    or thought about doing it? Whoever answers no throw the first stone...
    Last edited by J White; 07-28-2005 at 05:15 PM.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not a tournament fisherman, but in my opinion what ever the rules say should happen is what should happen. Any competition has it rules and consequence for breaking those rules and the only fair way to deal with cheating is to follow the rules. Now with that said I think a "barred for life" is a little strong for the first offence (assuming that it’s there first offence), there is always that honest mistake. If you make exceptions once you leave it up to personal preference and there is no way that personal preference will be fair. Just my thoughts.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I have fished many bass tournaments and I am proud to say I have never broken any rules. We did arrive to the weigh in right at time one night in a local club tournament. I ran with the fish in a clear bag to weigh them in. The guy weighing looked at my bag then looked at his watch and said we were too late. We had 4 fish for about 10lbs. only one other keeper was weighed in by a buddy of his from what I saw and he wouldn't show me the time on his watch. We did cut it too close but we were on time, I set my watch to the official time announced at start and I always keep time and have never been late. They just pulled one on me and I knew it. I blew a gasket and raised all kinds of he**. That was about the end of my tournament fishing. But I can say I have never broken a rule that was cheating and I never will. Thats the same as breaking into someones house and stealing their money to me if you win. They knew the rules and decided to break them so tough.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Weird they started early at a tourny but only got witnessed by one team. Banned for life seems a bit harsh too to me. I'd hate to think they just got the time wrong and instead of just being disqualified were banned for life . Sadly the rules are not written by me but if it happened to me I'd just kill myself lol j/k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast