Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help with Boat Mods? Pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with Boat Mods? Pictures

Hey guys! Looking for more advice. See pics of my boat. I am starting the floor. I want to put down ply and carpet so I can walk. I have disability and trouble with one leg so the ribs on bottom of boat are not good. I am confused about how to know what is level. I dont want to throw the floor in and go to lake and the floor be slanting like a ramp. The ribs start at back being almost flat and the closer to the front you go the more of a bend the floor ribs have. Do I need to put it in the water and stand back and see where it floats according to the lines on the outside of the boat or what would you suggest.
    I will try to get pics on here from time to time as I work on it.
    Thanks for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin boat but I dont have a clue other than to build a frame inside. The last picture seems to show where the boat sits in the water with that line under the middle rib. Somebody will come along who can help im sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope my explanation helps.

Had a very similar boat that I put a floor in. 14 semi V.

I started out by running running a stringer up the middle of the boat (had to shape it a bit towards the front because the bow lifts up a bit.

Then I made a stencil using cardboard of the bottom of the boat, I then cut the stencil in half lengthwise (following the line of the stringer right up the middle of the boat) you want to have the stringer be of a height so that the 1/2 plywood you put on top of it will fit squarely in the v notch which runs all the way around the inside of your boat.

I did not worry about the front 2-3 foot of boat having a deck as I decided to make it a hatch area.. see picture. its a tough area to properly deck as it is not level.

I used the stencil to Then cut out 1/2 in marine plywood which is then place in the boat, wedged into the side notch and screwed down to the stringer running up the middle.

Here's a pic of the boat i did finished up. Hope this helps. If you imagine a line straight up the center of the boat from back to the rear that's where the stringer is under the plywood.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The system may fail you, but don't fail yourself...... get better."

Post Thanks / Like

depending on how much experience you have with it, or how fast a learner you are, you could try to take top/front/side picture of the boat and upload them into a free CAD program, and then find you measurements for making templates of everything using that. But if you dont have any experience with CAD programs it may just be more work than its worth.
    raising your voice, the next best thing to being right

Post Thanks / Like

if your looking for boat mods look at this site. its tiny boats my granddad used to have a boat like that boat, the only diffrence was the front part of it had a shrimping platform. and a cubby hole under neath
    Last edited by ga.crappie&breamguy; 03-23-2009 at 10:19 AM.