Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Forrest Ingram Lake (Cullman)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Forrest Ingram Lake (Cullman)

Success! At last, I found some crappie. Caught four today, but three we're very big keepers. I brought them home to take some pics and show them to my wife and little girl. It has been so long since I caught one I forget how pretty they are. I'm going to post pics (soon as I find out how) The info I got from you guys really helped. I found these fish in shallow water not far from the bank. I found some brush (slightly sticking out of the water) and used a float about two maybe two and half feet from the Blue/Chart jig. Water temp low 60's today. I'm so excited! I got some crappie. Oh, and one small bass. Caught all four of those crappie off that one bush. I couldn't move much I blew a fuse on the trolling motor and didn't have any backups.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics are at www.alabamafishingbuddy.ning.com

Check out the pics of the crappie I caught along with several other types of fish. Richard Wright (thats me) I can't seem to post pics on this sight so I put them on the Alabama Fishing buddy sight. Good info on that sight for other types of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Richard,
    I see you ordered some jigs. I will toss in a few blue and chart for you free!! Since that's what you caught yours on. My present to you for being nes to the sport!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you for the jigs!

I've tried tying myself, but Bucktails are about all I can tie that actually look right. I save the bucktails from hunting season and it always puts a bigger smile on my face when I catch a fish off a jig I tied. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to go back to Forrest Ingram Lake again. Wind picked up so I called it a day after a couple of hours. Still managed 7 keepers. Same scenario 4 foot water with blue/chart jigs doing the best. (Actually it was all I used) I marked lots of fish, but I don't know what they are. Lots of bait ball clusters on the graph with fish all around them could be anything bass or crappie. Humminbird 585c is the finder I use. Does anyone use a fish camera? I''ve thought about buying one just to know what I'm looking at on the fish finder. Does anyone use a fish camera and if so, what are your thoughts? Pros and cons!

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't know how to post pics. If you would like to see the pics of the crappie I caught check out AlabamaFishingBuddy.com - A site where fishermen meet and network Look for Richard Wright That's Me! I caught one over a foot long