Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi Vis Line Help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Vis Line Help!!!

I'm sold on the idea of using 6lb Stren Hi Vis Gold for my mono line. I'm also wanting to get some 10/2 Hi Vis Yellow PP braid. Question is,,,, where can I get both of these??? BPS - no. Academy - no. Wmart - no. Besides Ebay is there anywhere you can recommend?
    Last edited by baptistpreach; 03-21-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Dave Willis is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cabelas?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Preacher ...

I bought mine on-line, but for the life of me I can't remember where :D
    Though, it probably was at Cabela's ....

Cabela's .... $15 (+ $6 s/h) for 150yd spool ... and it's listed as "in stock"
    Cabela's -- PowerPro Hi Vis Yellow Line - 150 Yards

I also use 4# Stren Gold mono, and so does my fishing partner ... what made you decide on 6# test ??

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to be able to straighten the hook on my jig if it gets tangled, and I sometimes catch bass when fishing for crappie, seems like my 4lb isn't strong enough for them when they get into stumps

Post Thanks / Like

I use 8 lb and have used 10 depending on how tough the brush is. ?? Stren is my choice, don't care for, Mr Crappie just seems to loose it's color in the sun light as I never take my rod out of my boat....

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use so much line that $20 for 150 yds just isn't cost effective. The yellow line I bought was 2 yrs ago from bps and the brand was offshore angler. I can't find it anymore, and mr crappie seems to have taken it's slot on the shelf. I use mostly 4lb but also have a spool of 6lb and really like them both. If I was in your shoes I would try the mr crappie for 2 reasons; 1- no shipping and 2; Bigger spool for lots less $. I can't speak of the braid as I have no exp. with it. Good luck.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Use 6lb stren hi-vis gold myself. Like you preach I need the extra strength to save jigs and time. I will use 4 on occasion but I don't think it makes much difference vertical jigging. Been trying 4lb floro to see if it makes any difference to the fish. So far it doesn't. Besides I can hardly see it. I buy stren in 2400 yd spools-pretty economical. Have tried other brands. Trilene fades too fast. Suffix weakens too fast.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the vicious hi viz. it is a good tough line with little memory.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Grizzly Jig Company has what you're looking for. Check their new catalog. there's a recent thread that describes it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I use so much line that $20 for 150 yds just isn't cost effective. The yellow line I bought was 2 yrs ago from bps and the brand was offshore angler. I can't find it anymore, and mr crappie seems to have taken it's slot on the shelf. I use mostly 4lb but also have a spool of 6lb and really like them both. If I was in your shoes I would try the mr crappie for 2 reasons; 1- no shipping and 2; Bigger spool for lots less $. I can't speak of the braid as I have no exp. with it. Good luck.
    The BPS in Clarksville IN. has a lot of it in the 1/4 lb spools.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast