Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello lake?

Went down to Duck Creek today only caught 2 crappie. We are now thinking we are going to try Wappapello for the first time. For the most part how do you all fish that lake i am not set up for spider rigging. I usally jig with a long pole or throw an Ultralight rod with a bobber. Thinking about putting in somewhere in Lost Creek area. More or less looking for a report or tips. Thanks

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wappapello is getting hot right now. fish a jig under a float only about 2 or 3 feet deep. Just about any flat near the channel will hold fish. The channel at the mouth of Lost Creek is a great place to start. White and chartruce and black and chartruce are hard to beat. Good Luck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey anyone know if i fish lost creek do i have to put in at the Lost Creek Rec. Area on my map i picked up tonight it shows 2 ramps on the upper in of lost creek? I figure it is too low but i figure i would ask, would save some travel time.

Post Thanks / Like

Not 100% sure but there ain't much water in Lost Creek right now. Fished today I'd say that the cold front slowed them down just a little.
    If it wasn't for the last minute I'd never get anything done.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think you will be able to put in @ Lost Creek. Maybe State Park and run across the lake. WATCH YOUR DEPTHS. It gets shallow real fast. We put in at Redman and ran up the channel to Lost Creek. Just make sure to stay in the channel.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welp we made it back safe and sound. I wish i knew where to put in at. We ended up putting in at Peoples Creek and ran up to Possum Creek. Followed a guy out to the main channel or i might have not went, it is LOW. I dont know how we compare to other people but it seemed like every 10 -15 short fish we would catch 1 keeper. Oh and speck thanks for the information you were spot on. We were fishing 1 to 3 feet deep with purple- chartruce, white- chartruce and black-chartruce all produced fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help. Congrats on the catch.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff