Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Attn. Arkansas members....& gooch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attn. Arkansas members....& gooch

The AR Fish and Game Commission responded with this email just in today at 05:50 pm. about the AR state record crappie. It took a while, but they did get back to us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Meador:

Thank you for your interest in the Arkansas State Record black crappie. My supervisor (District Biologist - Bob Limbird) and I recently located the fish pictured in the e-mail you sent to us earlier this year. We have confirmed through a dorsal spine count that the fish is indeed a black crappie (we counted 7 dorsal spines). I agree that the fish superficially looks like a white crappie, but it probably had been repainted at some point by a taxidermist who painted it to look like a white crappie.

Thanks again for your interest. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me by e-mail or at the following number: 1-877-967-7577.

Frank Leone
    Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
    Assistant District Fisheries Biologist
    1266 Lock and Dam Rd.
    Russellville, AR. 72802

Post Thanks / Like

Better late than never I guess.

I am glad thats settled and I know what I have to beat to get the new record.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught some whites from a reservoir in DeWitt a few weeks ago that coulda been three pounders. Felt like state records to me. I got them on my wife's comp, and we have wireless at work. I'll get some pictures on here for yall to check out. It was a heck of a trip.

Glad to know that our state record black, is a black crappie. :D
    πνεύμα γέμισα

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FroMan
    I caught some whites from a reservoir in DeWitt a few weeks ago that coulda been three pounders. Felt like state records to me. I got them on my wife's comp, and we have wireless at work. I'll get some pictures on here for yall to check out. It was a heck of a trip.

Glad to know that our state record black, is a black crappie. :D

Thanks FroMan, we'd like to see those pics. Sounds like you have been hammerin' those slabs. Have you gotten a chance to try Blue Mountain or Nimrod lakes yet? I plan to fish those lakes again, but I won't be able to get away for an indeterminate time. When I can, I'll drop you an email to see if you can get loose too. Hope your luck holds on those big crappie... :D