Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: any one braving this heat?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy any one braving this heat?

My boat has been sitting in my yard for almost a week.Its been 93+ for the past week, and even breathing is hard.The lastr time I went night fishing, the humidity was so bad I was soaked in two hrs, and my specs were absolutely useless.Hurry October!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I braved the heat this morning thinking I would have the lake to myself for a while. I had a skiier come uncomfortably close and slosh me around at 7:30. I ended up with 12 keepers and 2 of them were 15 inches long. The heat was miserable and I was soaked in sweat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default luckier than some

I live a few miles from the cumberland river.It is a cold water fishery, mostly trout with an occasional striper and a few walleye.The water is almost always in the high 50 degree mark.But there are still problems, morning fog is sometimes so thick you cant see the front of your boat, and that same fog comes back early in the evening. But its still HOT HOT HOT!!!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I am just leaving for the lake when I sign off. I fished in the heat a few days ago and it was tough but the fish seemed to not notice because they were biting well. This time of the year the best time to start a trip is as the sun is setting...

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson