Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd day on marion

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd day on marion

on the second morning my boat and gregs boat went back out into marion and set up to bottom fish. we was using cut crappie for bait. gregs wife cought a 34 lb blue right off the bat. she followed that with a couple of 15 lbers. my boat being about a quarter mile from gregs was quiet, with just a couple fish put in the boat, the biggest about a two pounder. we fished till about noon and come in, made some photos and hung around the fish cleaning table for a bit trying to find out from some of the guys coming in with full coolers of catfish some of the secrets needed to catch em, but everyone was closemouthed and noone refused to share any information . it was not so when ive been around a group of crappie fishermen.. seemed like they are much more sociable than any of the catfishermen i talked to down that way this weekend. the weather was clear and a little windy with a tropical storm heading our way. after a couple hours siesta we headed back out in marion for a few hours night fishing. greg and holly went back out while we was having a siesta and caught another 15 lber. it was on the windy side last night when we set up but not unbearable. another big cat was hooked by holly but he got off at the boat when greg tried to get it into the net. we had several good pulls but no hookups to amount to anything. wendy hooked a 7 lb blue which we boated. by 11pm it had got pretty windy and lightning was flashing in the southeast so we come in. not long after we got off the water it started raining so we decided to pack up and come on home instead of waiting till today.
    we run into marty and his two friends coming in out of the diversion canal as we was heading out on marion. marty had got into some rocks and damaged his prop so he was calling it a day. greg and holly come down back in the spring and went with us crappie fishing one night. seems like holly loaded their boat with slabs that night and again this weekend she loaded up it up with heavy catfish.. I hope she bought her some lottery tickets before going home. greg done a real fine job of netboy except for the one that got off last night. he was offering quart jars of hollys luck for five dollars a jar, but i figgered if i set there long enough a trophy would get on my line to, but no go... I dint see eric anymore after we went out last night so i dont know how they done. It was a fun trip but Im ready to go crappie fishing and leave the kitties alone for awhile.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amen to that brother!

We had a very uneventful evening on saturday , that is until the wind and rain started.We fished through the rain for about 2 hours with no luck.Then the real rain started and then the wind picked up to about 20-25 mph sustained.At which point we called it a night and drug our wet selves in to bed down.At about 2:00 am my tent began to leak.At about 2:30 am an ant bit me , and upon closer inspection found that there were several ants taking shelter in my tent and they didnt like my company , so I went to the truck and half slept in the driver's seat.By 3:00am the wind and rain collapsed my tent right before my eyes and I said a little prayer that it might survive the night without me having to get out in the rain again.When I took the boat out of the water on sunday morning the swells were at least 4-5 foot high.If youv'e never tried to trailer a boat in those conditions , lets just say its no fun and leave it at that.Rango that hole in the ramp didnt get much better on the right side either and didn't help my plight one bit.I really enjoyed spending some time with you guys even though the fishing was sub par.Greg and Holly it was really nice to see you guys again , and by the way I'll take a jar of that luck if you aint sold out.I think it will be a while before I go back down there.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

we decided to pack it in and go home early. Im glad we left when we did. it was windy and raining when we left, but by the time we cleared santee it had stopped and was dry the rest of the way home. that hole was in the ramp three year ago when i was going down there. looks like as much as it costs and as many folks they got using it, they would use some of that money to repair the hole. im wanting to go back, but this time its gonna be a day trip, going down early and fishing all day and part of the night and coming home the same day. it will be a lot cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ,I agree.A day trip would be a lot cheaper and a little less taxing on the nerves and body.I slept half the day yesterday after getting home.But to be truthful I didn't get much the night before.I was too busy watching the weather.I wish I woulda caught you on the way out , I probably would have payed you the balance on that room for the night.I think I'll wait a bit before going down there , and aint real sure about this tournament in sept.The luck I've had out there , I dont think I'd do that good anyway.May go down there and fish that weekend since I already have the room paid for.But will probably just follow some guys around and do some map marking hehehe.It seems a little unethical , but them guys was doing it for sure during the bassmasters on wylie.Then maybe we can hit some real holes down there.I'll make sure I share whatever info. we might get doing this.Looks like at least we didnt miss the great turn on , on wylie.Might see you this week on the lake.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah eric, greg and i had discussed about either of us giving you our room, but dint see your toon and diint know where you was. leaving early was not something we had planned ahead.. it was a last minute thing, when the storm looked like it was there to stay. those large scale tournaments attract the guys that follow the trail and know what they are doing. I quit fishing them a long time ago. just money throwed up a wild hogs butt.

Post Thanks / Like

We were probably still out there being hard headed.The rain was slap sideways when we finnaly hauled in.Those guys had driven and worked all day so they was ready to do some fishing.And so was I, but you could tell when that stuff started blowing up , it weren't gonna be purdy.Thanks for thinking about me though.Another reason to invest in a radio.I shoulda put that boat in that night but when we drug up off the lake , that sandy beach and my sleeping bag didn't sound so bad.Chaulk it up to inexperience.I shoulda taken a clue from you guys as I didn't see you leave your boat one single time even when you knew you were going back out.All the things I learned this weekend and none of it had anything to do with fishing.Eric.

slab_seeker Guest

Big E, If you ain't learning, you ain't living. You'll just have to learn something else on you're next trip, cause on this trip you learned to follow KING RANGO.

Quote Originally Posted by big "E"
    We were probably still out there being hard headed.The rain was slap sideways when we finnaly hauled in.Those guys had driven and worked all day so they was ready to do some fishing.And so was I, but you could tell when that stuff started blowing up , it weren't gonna be purdy.Thanks for thinking about me though.Another reason to invest in a radio.I shoulda put that boat in that night but when we drug up off the lake , that sandy beach and my sleeping bag didn't sound so bad.Chaulk it up to inexperience.I shoulda taken a clue from you guys as I didn't see you leave your boat one single time even when you knew you were going back out.All the things I learned this weekend and none of it had anything to do with fishing.Eric.

Post Thanks / Like

actually he dint follow me, and im a far shot from being a king....

slab_seeker Guest

Look under your name, ED head say's you are.

Quote Originally Posted by rango
    actually he dint follow me, and im a far shot from being a king....

Post Thanks / Like

take that up with ed.. , like i said, im a far cry from being a king. I see you are a slabmaster. sounds impressive to me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast