Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Racoon lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Racoon lake

Went out yesterday to racoon to try to beat the front moving in. Caught 20 keepers 9-11" in about 2 1/2 hours. Was a nice day then the rain moved in on us and the lightning ran us off. Caught fish on minnows and yellow/black speckled tube jigs. Most fish came in about 20-25 ft of water vertical jigging the tubes. Caught the occasional fish off of minnows fished about 6 ft. down in 10-12 ft of water. Starting to get good fellas hope you all get a chance to get out soon.

Good Luck all!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Must be nice CrappieHunter. As I said before I can't put my boat in yet, all I can do is stand on the bank and wish. What part of the lake were you on? I saw a handful of boats last Sunday. Looked like they were runnin' from the dam area all the way to the US 36 bridge. A couple stopped out from the beach. I couldn't tell if they did any good or not.

I am so ready to get on the water.
    I only fish The Coon cause that's where I keep my toon.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished 2 points away from the park ramp on the same side as the ramp (heading to the left as you leave the ramp,lots of deep water there and cover to fish). We also stopped and fished in the first cove after you round the first point.