Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: day one at marion

Post Thanks / Like

Default day one at marion

Its over with and im glad to be back on home turf. after arriving at harrys friday afternoon at about three pm, I had a confrontation with another guest who claimed i was in his parking spot. after that was settled (seems there was some illegaly parked guests in the back using the parking areas of the front row guests and tieing up the parking for everyone on the front row.) i run into eric of this board. I also met up with marty in santee for a bit.. he was waiting to hook up with his deer hunting friends. chatted a bit and continuted on my way. Eric was waiting on his fishing buddies to arrive and i was waiting on the wife and daughter. so we decided to hook up and go out into that stump haven called marion and give the kitties a try, we trolled baits a half mile or so with no luck, so we went even further out in the lake, adhering to the channel markers, found some good looking stumps to tie on to and bottom fished. tightlined and slip floats.. No bites... no fish... Marty and his two friends had decided it was too hot to deer hunt so they showed up and went further into that stump hunters paradise. we fished till dark and called it quits.... no fish,,,,,,,,no bites. when we got if off the lake hooked up with the wife and daughter. greg and his wife holly had made it down from burlington.. made plans for the next day and turned to for the night. greg and holly fished the diversion canal for awhile with no luck. Ill post the second days events later today. it was fairly eventful and interesing..
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default good time to leave

Rango -
    looking at the weather channel you guys left just in time - that storm that popped up at of no where off the Charlston Coast was right over the lower lake this afternoon - I have been down there when those lakes were harder to navigate than going through the breakers with the winds out of the east at Emerald Isle.

CRAP-KING
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!