Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water/Seperator Filter

Post Thanks / Like

Question Water/Seperator Filter

Does it matter which side of the filter you put the squeeze bulb on. Thank in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it should be on the motor side.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Yep!!!! Bulb On Motor Side
    CRAPPIE FEAR PAPPY !!!!!

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup Yup

filter down in bilige...bulb on motor side in the splash well.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I guess i will show my lack of understanding and ask why the bulb has to be on the engine side. I just installed one on my boat and if this is true then i put it on wrong. I can,t see any difference in the way my boat motor runs so please explain why.
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Post Thanks / Like

i guess nobody has an answer as to why you put the bulb on the engine side of the water/fuel separator mine is still on the fuel tank side and went to the lake last night fished til 2am this morning and motor ran fine with the bulb on the tank side so i guess it don,t really matter which side you put bulb on if someone can give a good reason to change location i will change thanks to all that might try to explain
    "If in this life you have a good wife, at least one good dog, 1 good horse, 1 great fishing boat and a decent truck to pull it with and enough sense to know which is the most important then you have truly been blessed."

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2fshmore View Post
    i guess nobody has an answer as to why you put the bulb on the engine side of the water/fuel separator mine is still on the fuel tank side and went to the lake last night fished til 2am this morning and motor ran fine with the bulb on the tank side so i guess it don,t really matter which side you put bulb on if someone can give a good reason to change location i will change thanks to all that might try to explain
    It will work fine where you have it. Normally you would want the primer bulb close to the motor for convenience and the filter out of the way or concealed. The important thing here is the fuel is going thru the filter.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks IBNFSHN maybe that satisfies my mind. I am glad someone gave me an answer. When i put it on i just assumed that the bulb was just to pressurize the tank to get the fuel flowing. I mounted mine the way i did for convenience in changing the filter if ever need be.Again thanks.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2fshmore View Post
    Thanks IBNFSHN maybe that satisfies my mind. I am glad someone gave me an answer. When i put it on i just assumed that the bulb was just to pressurize the tank to get the fuel flowing. I mounted mine the way i did for convenience in changing the filter if ever need be.Again thanks.
    The bulb is for priming the carbs and making sure the bowls are full.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    The bulb is for priming the carbs and making sure the bowls are full.
    What does a bulb do for FI engines?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast