Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does anyone know

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know

how to figure out if they are releasing water from Truman Dam? I am heading to LOZ on Thursday afternoon and thought about hitting below Truman. Of course I'll be crappieing on FRi, Sat, and Sun. I'll be fishing in the Gravois/Main Lake around the 6-8mm. From what I have been reading the patterns are all over the place. I was there last weekend and caught a few, but nothing that great. I figure maybe I'll head up the Gravois aways and try to find some warmer water. Out near our place, which on the 7mm of the main lake, the water temp was 42 deg. and I caught them as deep as 30 feet, but hauling them up from that depth gets them all screwed up, and they just float, so you better hope it's a keeper. Found 46 deg. water about three miles into the Gravois, and caught fish in 6-7' of water. Well, we'll see how this weekend goes and if anyone the answer to my question I would appreciate you letting me know.

Post Thanks / Like

u can call 660-438-2836 then press 2 when the lady starts to talk for elevation, water temp, and discharge for Truman and LOZ hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man, I love it how there's always someone on here to help a feller out.

Post Thanks / Like

Here the website for the corp's. Click the link for the 3 day forecast, looks to be 11,000 for the next 3 days.

http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/WaterManagement/
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ted, is 11,000 cfs considered moderate output? I guess the question is does that mean there could be decent enough flow to make for good fishing from the shore below the dam?