Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lower Unit Damage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lower Unit Damage

Seeing Brad's Post With His Damage Reminds Me Of My Old Prop Repair Business, I Repaired A Lot Of Lower Units, Mostly New Skegs, But If You Have Insurance, They Will Buy You A New Lower Unit, But Will Not Cover The Powerhead.... I Have Written Several Repair Tickets For Boaters To Get Their Money Back On Repairs, One Guy Even Paid $950 For A New Lower Unit For A 35 Hp Johnson, I Asked Him If He Had Insurance He Said Yes But He Didn't Turn It In, So I Wrote Him A New Ticket And He Got All His Money Back...... He Bought Me A Case Of Rib Eye Steaks For Helping Him..... Just Throwing This Out There If You Have Insurance Rember This.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

My insurance covered my lower unit. then it went out again 2 weeks later,warranty covered it that time. your rite OSS,insurance doesnt cover the powerheaddang the luck,cuz them things are hi dollars

Post Thanks / Like

damm truman i love and hate that lake. hit a stump a couple of years ago at low throttle ended up a 3800.00 repair. had to yank the interior of my smokercraft and re rivet the center. glad i had safco ins. no hassels