Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: mtl 7-23

Post Thanks / Like

Default mtl 7-23

two of us fished three hours and put 25 keepers 9-12 inchers in the livewell and went home. Caught probably 80 fish, mostly small. Fish caught 14-18 feet down along outside treeline of the main channel. Jigs tipped with minnows were the bait of choice. Didn't feel like burning up was worth another five fish. Will wait till it cools off. Wait I think I have another bite!

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,
    Good fishing! Sounds like you guys caught it pretty good for the conditions this year. I was on the water Friday afternoon in the sauna. I was trying to find some whites around the island where the rivers split. I didn't have any luck before the sun ran us off the lake. I know a fishing pro on the lake that is the crappie king of MTL that said this year has been one of the biggest dissapointments considering all the 8-9 inchers caught last year. The bigger fish have been really tough to find this year. The lake has been going down 6-8inches per day up there. Hopefully this makes the bigger ones easier to find. Have a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

Rattler, old DuWayne tied the knot Saturday! And, yes this has been an off year for lots of folks. But we have still be catching decent creels when we go, just not easy, have to work and search for the keepers. Lots of small fish but that is why MTL still doesn't have a length limit, too many small fish. Going back up Thursday afternoon to test some equipment. Will post up the conditions Friday for a new report. Bruce

smilin' mallard Guest

wonder if MTL should up the limit to 30 each or no limit at all for awhile....would that help/hurt the crappie population?

any thoughts???