Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: To Fatboy

Post Thanks / Like

Default To Fatboy

Hey Fatboy, Christmas is coming early for me too, going Monday to buy me a new Chevy Tahoe. I aim to buy me a boat at the end of next year, so I figured I better go get me something to pull it with. Next years present will be better than this one, since this one is my wife's gift also. Hey, the boat will be all mine. It will seem like an eternity having to wait for it, but things take time. As of right now, I dont have anything planned for Tuesday. I'll try my best to make it. I will let you know Monday, so check in here okay. Did you get that email I sent you? I had 11 keepers the other day at Tims. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i got it. You should post that pic on the brag board. How about buying a slightly used Tahoe and a slightly used boat and everyone would be happy? LOL Give me a shout tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, I tried to post that pic on here before, but I couldnt ever get it to load right. I use to catch messes of fish like that on a regular basis, but I havent got to fish as much the last few years, and its harder to reach the fish with no boat. I would settle for a used Tahoe, but we couldnt find but two used ones we liked, and we couldnt get those financed for some reason. I am very skeptical of buying a used boat these days, you never know what your gonna run into by doing that. I've seen some people get burnt that way and have to fork out lots of money to get them fixed. I will hold out for a while and see if I can get that new one next year, but if I cant, I will have to take a chance on a new one. I do pretty good from the bank, my luck is if I do get a boat, I'd quit catching them. I have only fished Woods one time, so it might be hard for me to figure them out if I go with you Tuesday. I dont have anymore of the jigs I caught them on there last time. If we get on the fish though, I think I can get them. I will let you know tomorrow night probably around 7pm if I can go. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Used boats

I think you can find some great deals on used boats, you just have to be careful. If need be tell the seller you want it checked out at a marine dealer at your expense. Keep in mind the farther north you travel for a boat, the less use it's probably had. Alot of boats up north are lucky to get out 10 times between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and then are stored the rest of the year. I was just getting set to buy a new 16 footer this year with a 50HP, it would have been $12,800 out the door. I found a 1999 model, which I actually liked better than the 2004. A state policeman bought the boat. new as a leftover in 2002 with a 2002 Merc 50 and used the boat about 10 hours the summer of 2002 and 10 more the summer of 2003. I bought it for $7,800 this spring, saving myself $5,000 and it was a nice as a new one except there's no warranty. I had found a couple other comparable boats for up to $1,000 less, one was on the rough cosmetically, and one was a side console and I needed a walkthru. This one was perfect with a bowmount trolling motor and battery, fishfinder and a spare tire for the trailer. Those things would have added another $700 or $800 to the new one.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watts Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    I think you can find some great deals on used boats, you just have to be careful. If need be tell the seller you want it checked out at a marine dealer at your expense. Keep in mind the farther north you travel for a boat, the less use it's probably had. Alot of boats up north are lucky to get out 10 times between Memorial Day and Labor Day, and then are stored the rest of the year. I was just getting set to buy a new 16 footer this year with a 50HP, it would have been $12,800 out the door. I found a 1999 model, which I actually liked better than the 2004. A state policeman bought the boat. new as a leftover in 2002 with a 2002 Merc 50 and used the boat about 10 hours the summer of 2002 and 10 more the summer of 2003. I bought it for $7,800 this spring, saving myself $5,000 and it was a nice as a new one except there's no warranty. I had found a couple other comparable boats for up to $1,000 less, one was on the rough cosmetically, and one was a side console and I needed a walkthru. This one was perfect with a bowmount trolling motor and battery, fishfinder and a spare tire for the trailer. Those things would have added another $700 or $800 to the new one.
    Shellback, Are you going to make the trip to the Fall Brawl ?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day