Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fire Department Project Update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fire Department Project Update

Just wanted to give all of you an update on our progress at the Paducah, TX Fire Department Project where we are fixing up our upstairs for fellow Firemen who come in and help with the large fires we have in this area as well as the trainings in this area. Due to the many budget cuts of many Fire Departments, we decided to try and alleviate the need for hotels for these Firemen to save all Departments and Personnel money. Several of you on here have donated funds to help us out and I thought I would show you our Progress. You will never know just how much we appreciate your donations in helping with this project. We still lack several things such as recliners or couches for the Firemen to sit on something other than a dining room chair or their beds as well as bedspreads and blankets and items for the shower, and a stove but we are getting there slowly but surely thanks to a lot of you. I never realized that you could have such great friends on a Website but I am HONORED to be a member here and to have gotten to know all of you.
    God Bless
    Father of 4
    AKA Gordon
    AKA Paducah Fireman #736

Here is our Bar area where everyone can fix their lunch

The Dining room area

One half of the sleeping quarters. The plastic is to keep any dust off the beds.

The other half of the sleeping Quarters. We have 5 twin beds as well as enough dressers for all.

The Acrylic Shower we are getting ready to install. If we cant clean up the sink, we need to get another one lol. We have 2 sections, a shower area and a restroom area.

The restroom area

And last but not least, Paducah Volunteer Fire Departments #1 Cookie, Lucky Holcomb lol. Cant find any better guy than this one. I just had to throw that in
    Last edited by father of 4; 03-16-2009 at 11:05 AM.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911