Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: orange lake again

Post Thanks / Like

Default orange lake again

update= only caught 10 today, very hoooot and alot of loose hydrylla in the water due to the air boats and game and fish clearing it out......had to clean off jigs about every 100ft, but caught 10 nice ones anyhow..............talk at you later.........

Post Thanks / Like

Wow this florida section sure is lively. Have you heard anything about milldam, Lake Kerr or Bryant lately? I'm finnaly about ready to start fishing again although the heat is killer. I'm thinking about rigging my boat for night fishing. I found some starfire 2 underwater lights at walmart so bought one for now. I intend to get some coleman lanterns to light my boat up so I don't drain the batteries. You ever night fish in the forrest?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

I fish at night quite often. Do you do any bass fishing. They are really biting good in the evening almost every where in the forest. Its just to dang hot to drift around in the middle of a lake with the sun beeding down on you. I prefer leaving about 5 and fish until 8:30 or 9. Caught 4 nice bass out at Half Moon last night.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about doing some bass fishing ,or catfishing on the ocklawaha. It was put on some top ten list for best catfish fishing which made me want to go give it a try but have not got around to it. I have a fair bit of bass tackle from before I conentrated on crappie. Think I should throw a senko or tube around or just spinner bait, I always have done best with a good chartreuse spinnerbait, although pickerel and gar sure like them too . Or are shiners the best bet at the moment?
    I heard a little while ago about rodman having some decent stripers which I would sure like to give a try aslong as its not on one of my crappie rigs.