Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Eufalala

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Eufalala

Fished upper end yesterday < Sat> caught tons of fish only had around 15 that I consider keepers I am starting to look around for the upcoming C.A.S.T. tournament on Aug 13th I am thinking of going on down in hopes of finding better size the best yesterday was only 1 1/4 lbs. Anyone ealse doing anything ? Hey Reaper whats going on up your way can you fish any at all during the week? Let me know the 25 acres of grass has slowed so I can perhaps fish a couple days during the week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing name to "Summer Skunk"

George, I fished Oologah from around 6:30 a.m. till 2 p.m. yesterday and caught around 20 Crappie, all under 7". I was in 22' of water, with brush built up as high as maybe 4' off the bottom. This area has been marked by someone and has probably had brush added to it for several years. I have not caught a keeper since the spawn.
    As for fishing during the week. I might be able to later this week, it all depends on what needs done. I have told the boss that it is my last week that I can be available for him, as I have a Custom Home to trim out supposed to start next Monday. That will take me about 9 days to comeplete. Another regular builder of mine wants me to install laminate countertops for him because he cannot reach his regular guy. So, I could be booked for a while if I stay busy all week long this week.
    I would love to fish a weekday with you. Is your neighborhood safe enough that I could leave tools in the back of my truck under a locked camper shell? If not, it is not a problem to unload them.
    I will know more about this weeks schedule as the day progresses for me. Are you wanting me to accompany you to Eufala one day? Call my cell, my home phone is out till SBC fixes it, a State Tractor brushhogged the switching box last week and they have yet to replace it.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey REAPER

I thought I might meet you at Hawthorn I just find it hard to believe that ya cant find any decent size fish up there as many as there are up there I am starting to go to Eufalala to search for a upcoming tourny there I suggested the weekday because it would be better for me however let me know and maybe we can set it up for a Sun morning I just need advanced notice because I have to work around a daily feeding schedule for my animals just let me know Big G

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday is fine, call to confirm and give a time. What should I have ready for trolling? All my rods are around 5-6'. I will pick up some 1/2oz sinkers. I have never trolled for Crappie, so it will be a new experience for me. Live bait? I can P.U. the shiners, or if using jigs, I need to tie a new mess of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Reaper

Ya need nothing dont buy any sinkers as you will most likely loose none!!! We will go to Veda Mart to get the minners from one of them LiL Cuties !! You need not bring anything but cold water I have all the outlaw rods already rigged I hope my schedule is clear so we can fish will call you and let you know BIG G

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me. I am looking forward to the lesson in trolling. I have read about it a few times but have never tried it. Thanks for offering to let me tag along!