Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who flipped the switch?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who flipped the switch?

Went from great yesterday to TOUGH today on the part of LOZ I fished. Same area as yesterday but other than 6 fish first thing this morning, they quit on me. Couldn't get bit so just cruised around and marked brush piles on my gps. Bet I added 25 new spots.

How did you do up in the Glaize, Bugs?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beagle Did It.......

BEAGLE IS ALWAYS PUTTING CURSES ON EVERYBODY AND FLIPPIN SWITCHES.... WHO ELSE WOULD BE THAT MEAN....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

not hijacking bug's question's mike but think he is out causing trouble. he called me as soon as he got back with zip and said get down here now. i think he said they ended up with three good limit's, him, zip and audrey his wife...believe they caught 75 or 100 i believe. pain pills got my mind a little fuzzy... 4 to 8 ft. of water on stake bed's but i would wait to get a report from him, i no nothing for sure
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It was rough at Smithville today too.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Baker
    My son and I went to LOZ today instead of going to Thomas Hill to fish for hybrids. We did that because we've always been bass fishermen and are now determined to learn to be crappie fishermen. So, when all of my crappie fishing friends told me they "slayed 'em" all week at LOZ, we saw our chance. We fished from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM in the Gravois arm and caught exactly 0 crappie. So I was glad to see your post about someone flipping the switch as we thought we just sucked (we still think that's a possibility). So I'll track you down this week or next and have you give me a short course in LOZ crappie fishing.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Crop E from Truman lake. Truman was off this weekend to. Fish were caught but had to work for them and burn some gas to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome. As you can see I'm new to the CDC and this is the first year I've actually fished for crappie (once in a while I caught a few just to eat but it was just a food gathering exercise) - I'm 61 years old and have been a bass fisherman for 45 years. I do go to Canada most summers and fish for walleye there (when the smallmouths aren't biting anyway). My youngest son is 18 and likes to fish for crappie with his uncle so I've decided, after all these years, to give it a try. I met Crappiehead a couple of months ago and he told me about this site so I've enjoyed reading about good fishing anyway. My neighbor (across the street) was out on Thursday and Friday and he and his buddy caught 40-some each day so we decided to go out today instead of heading up to Thomas Hill were we've been fishing this month. BAD MISTAKE apparently! But, I guess that's why they call it "learning" because I obviously don't "know" how to do this. I'll keep reading this stuff (and probably hire a guide to teach us both).

You live at Truman? Is my old friend John Fillicetti still guiding there?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    You should have came up the glaize and met us yesterday we flat out put a spankin on the fish from the time we got on the water till we left they were 3'-8' deep on the flats,we had some nice fish for the glaize several in the 11"-12"+ fish and zip and i both lost some real thumpers,they would come up and swipe at the jig they were so shallow we could see alot of em hit the jig...........what a day thanks kev & audrey for a great time.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Good work Bugman and crew. Headed out at first light, hope they are on over here.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Bugs. What is the water temp. in the upper Glaize? Were you above or below Carnes?
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast