Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Motor Recommendation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Motor Recommendation

Hey guys, I know we have hashed this out before but I need to take another shot at it. I can only use my boat for about 8 or 9 weeks in the summer up around Spokane Wa. My new boat is the 14' aluminum I spoke of before. What would you recommend for main power on that boat just for use in the summer on small to medium size lakes? My idea is a higher output (24v MinnKota or 24v torqeedo), I hate to invest in a 20hp outboard just to leave it sit until I get there permanently in 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

try Small Used Outboard Motors For Sale - Mercury Outboards Johnson for motors, I'd try a second hand 2.5 or 3.5 hp 2 stroke outboard with built in gas tank. It'd be rare to find a new one cause they stop making them. Not only it can be used on your boat but on rental row boats too. To prevent lock up due to inactive service, clamp motor to motor transport cart or saw horse and run it in a trash can full of water from time to time. If motor has to be stored, make sure to drain fuel tank and carb. Use stabill
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish