Central louisiana Crappie Association update

Things are coming along in our process. Recently I was in W.Monroe at a local tackle shop trying to promote our club and pass out flyers. While there, I met a local Louisiana guide that seemed to be interested in what I was doing. He approached me and began to talk, it seems he is on the board of Crappie USA, and was formerly involved with a local club. During out short talk, he expressed to me that once we have established our club and have a solid group of members, that it would be possible for our local association to become affiliated with Crappie USA. As he began to explain some of the benefits I was intrigued. As an affiliated club there are perks such as insurance coverages, as well as being able to have qualifing individuals in your club become eligible to compete in the(Crappie USA Reg. Classic )without having to attend regular scheduled Crappie USA tournaments ( which is hard for most of us to do with our jobs and other responsibilities). As he continued to talk I became more and more interested. He offered to come to our organizational meeting and discuss this with us and give us more details. I plan to invite him to speak with us.
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this type of affiliation, and would love to hear some feedback. It seems like it would be a plus for our club, and being able to have insurance coverage for our members would really be a bonus.