Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corn on the cob - Deep Fried

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corn on the cob - Deep Fried

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have fried corn on the cob. I have heard about it but never had it. I am wanting to try it, but would like to know how it is done. I have heard that some folks just drop it straight in the grease and some make a batter. Just looking for something to add to the plate while I enjoy the CRAPPIE FILLETS!

Thanks Guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Jigmaster - just go to Google and type in fried corn on the cob - it will give you all kinds of recipes - If you try any, just let us know how you like them.
    Ken

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

You're like my dad. You gotta take a vegetable that could possibly be good for you and fatten it all up. He takes fresh corn and pulls the shuck back and wraps bacon around the ear, then closes the shuck, wraps it in tin foil and grills it. Plus you still have to add butter to it. It tastes pretty good, but I think I prefer to just eat it with a little butter and and pepper. At least my ventricles and aorta prefer it. To each his own though. :D
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about that too. Deep fried food sure tastes good but it's not good for your heart. Too much saturated or unsaturated fat and transfat.

I like to fry egg plant in hot oil in the skillet. I bread the egg plant after slicing it up into small silver dollar sized pieces and then drop it in the hot oil in a cast iron skillet. Fry it up until it's golden brown. Then drain it of as much of the oil as possible

Speaking of frying in oil. I just finished frying up my crappie that I caught yesterday. Man were they goooooooood! Nothing like fresh crappie fillets. I cleaned them last night and cut out the rib bones and put the fillets on ice and salt water and stored them in the refrigerator over night. This morning I got up and went to check out a new fishing site that I found. I got back and was hungry so I got out the new peanut oil that I bought a few weeks ago and put some oil in my fry daddy. I got some of that Zatarain's New Orleans Seasoned Fish Fry breading mix and made an egg batter. Got the peanut oil up to 375 deg and put in a few fillets and after only 3 to 5 minutes they were done. I could not wait and ate them as soon as I got them out of the oil and they drained for a few minutes. Nothing beats fish straight out of the hot oil. Not sure what the put in that Zatarain's Seasoned fish fry breading mix but it sure it good.

Its' going to get up to 99 Deg F outside today so I am staying inside where it's a cool 74 deg F. Thank god for AC.

On the way back from checking out the new fishing sites launch ramp I saw a dog laying in the middle of the road. He barely moved until I got close to him. I had to slow the truck down to give that poor old dog time to get up. He looked oveheated and why he laid down in the middle of that hot road is beyound me. But he acted like it was my job to go around him. He sure didn't want to get out of the way. I was only going about 5mph when I approached him as I had to wait for him to get up. He really only moved to one side of the yellow line and watched me drive by. Then he laid back down in the middle of the road. Now you know why they call it the DOG days of summer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    You're like my dad. You gotta take a vegetable that could possibly be good for you and fatten it all up. He takes fresh corn and pulls the shuck back and wraps bacon around the ear, then closes the shuck, wraps it in tin foil and grills it. Plus you still have to add butter to it. It tastes pretty good, but I think I prefer to just eat it with a little butter and and pepper. At least my ventricles and aorta prefer it. To each his own though. :D
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I figure I'm only 28 I ought to eat as healthy as I can now in preparation for my olden days. I lived through some stupid stuff that should have killed me already(bullriding, jumping out of moving trucks, wrecks, etc.). I don't really want to be just some guy that died from a heart attack at home when I'm 70. I want to be the guy that had a heart attack and fell off a cliff in the Rocky Mountains elk hunting and got ate by a bear, when I'm 70. I ain't one to lay off too much fried food though. I just thought it was funny about the corn.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey no problem fiddlefarter. I agree to much fried food is not good for you. Other than fried fish (CRAPPIE), I try to stay away from it as well. However, when I have the fried fillets, I like fried green tomatoes and ssteamed shrimp. I heard about the corn and figured it would be good every now and again. I have had it grilled but not with the bacon. Most of the time its boiled. Anyways, I ended up trying one piece just dropped in the grease and another piece with a light coat of flour with some salt and pepper and red pepper seasoning. Fry it until golden brown all over. Gentlemen, it was a great addition to the meal. Try it sometime and let me know what you think. Both of the recipes were found from the google search, so it must be somewhat popular.

Post Thanks / Like

I know somebody who is famous for his way of frying fish who deep fries corn on the cob. I have not made it to a fish fry he had, but I always heard about deep frying corn and I managed to see him the other day and asked him what he does: Heat the oil to 350 degrees. Drop ears of corn in the oil for 2 1/2-3 mins. The corn is ready. Try this and please let me know how it turned out.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to try this. I was raised on corn on the cob when it was in season and it was just regular field corn. I didn't even know there was such a thing as sweet corn and silver queen was unheard of when I was a youngun.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I tried battered deep fried corn on the cob a couple years ago and cant remember where, but I do remember it tasted okay though I'd rather have it boiled and bathed in melted butter with alot of salt

Post Thanks / Like

Peaches and Cream corn's the best. Not as sweet as Silver Queen. If you was close IBNFSHN I'd give you some. My dad's got about 3 acres of it he's selling. I might try it fried tomorrow night

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast