Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tracker boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default tracker boat

Anyone ever try to put a live well in the front of a pro 18? The 17 has but not the 18 and boy I need one.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an identical boat with an identical question.
    I've been researching it a while and nothing has tripped my trigger,,,,yet.
    I'm interested in your responses also!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't own a tracker so I don't know but I would ask some questions, livewell equals lots of water equals weight, how will boat handle with extra weight? try to figure size & figure gallon water capacity. Maybe also want to ask the mfg about putting one in? see where best location is without cutting a main support-also ask about the price & see if that one in 17 footer will fit Ur boat & see if tracker will sell one, just a few thoughts.............
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by splitshot View Post
    I have an identical boat with an identical question.
    I've been researching it a while and nothing has tripped my trigger,,,,yet.
    I'm interested in your responses also!!!
    Getting to old I guess, but that is a long trip. When I get back from vac I'm calling tracker for plans/ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Don't own a tracker so I don't know but I would ask some questions, livewell equals lots of water equals weight, how will boat handle with extra weight? try to figure size & figure gallon water capacity. Maybe also want to ask the mfg about putting one in? see where best location is without cutting a main support-also ask about the price & see if that one in 17 footer will fit Ur boat & see if tracker will sell one, just a few thoughts.............
    Good ideas. I don't think water/weight would be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJL View Post
    Good ideas. I don't think water/weight would be a problem.
    Depending on what size motor he has and what size live well he puts in. That is adding a lot more weight up on the front and he will notice the difference when trying to get up on plane. If it isn't in the center of the boat he may have to adjust his trim tab also. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Depending on what size motor he has and what size live well he puts in. That is adding a lot more weight up on the front and he will notice the difference when trying to get up on plane. If it isn't in the center of the boat he may have to adjust his trim tab also. EB
    I have a 90hp merc. There is a hatch in the same spot as in the 17, it just looks like it wasn,t finished, right behind the front seat post. The only problem to me is making hatch water tight and getting water to and from live well.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a company that makes complete drop in live wells for aftermarket application. I gave my old mags to my brother so I don't have any to look thru and tell you more, but I'll look into it. The ad says "they don't just stand behind their product, they stand on it". They look like the real deal. They say they will make them to any specs, with or without pumps and aireators.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    There is a company that makes complete drop in live wells for aftermarket application. I gave my old mags to my brother so I don't have any to look thru and tell you more, but I'll look into it. The ad says "they don't just stand behind their product, they stand on it". They look like the real deal. They say they will make them to any specs, with or without pumps and aireators.
    I,m interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a tracker but did put a live well in my boat, had it put in. took out the middle seat and put it lenght wise not accross the bottom and it is great don't notice any change in handling but being up front it drains when going with the outboard as it suck the water out have to put in the plug when motoring.. it was a custom livewell that a welder made for me really nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast