Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting back to fishing (weekend trip)?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting back to fishing (weekend trip)?

Hello all,

Just discovered this board a few weeks ago and have been lurking a bit. Thanks for all the great info so far. It's great how people share so much knowledge.

I am wanting to take a 2-3 day fishing trip with a few buddies. We do not have a boat, so we will want to rent one. Does anyone have any ideas about where to go where there is lodging and boat rentals? We are on the state line, so both MO and KS would work fine.

Also, fishing off the marina in Lake Jacoma yesterday for a few hours. There were about 10 other people there, and nothing was biting. They said they were hitting last weekend, but the last few days have been very slow. FYI.

Thanks in advance for the ideas....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Jack

First Welcome To The Board, Lot Of Good Stuff And Fun On This Site, I Live Almost On Truman But Don't Have A Clue To What They Charge For Boat Rental, You Could Call Bucksaw Or Truman State Park...... I Think Bucksaw Has Some Low Rates On Lodging.....
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jack from Springfield Missouri.

Sorry, don't have any information on boat rentals.

Glad to have you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw looks promising. Looks like they have both lodging and boat rentals. Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure and check out what guide services cost. My rates are just above what a boat rentals are and I provide all equipment, clean your catch, & tell a joke or two.:D:D:D <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks in advance...

Post Thanks / Like

Jack- Pomme de terre has a place called indian hills and I think most places around there included a boat with your room. Its just a john boat you can rent a motor per day like a 10 or 15 hp I think to go with it. Or check truman like others have said. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome jackinkc bucksaw is a good spot. 660-477-3900 and they have guides. I never fished with crappie chatt, but I have eat his mud buggs and If He fishes likes he cooks you better hire him. if not for the fish for the laughs, good luck

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Truman lake. Bucksaw should have prices on there website. Great people down there. They now have rooms right on the water with slips right outside the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help on the boat rental, but welcome to ya from LOZ
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast